Dying Light - zombies, 4-player co-op

GMG 25% code for Dying Light only. HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ

GMG 25% code for Dying Light only. HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ

nnnn.gif

Get thee behind me pre-order satan.

Honestly if there was even one decent review I'd jump it. I'm pretty excited about this game. Not gonna do it. I've been burned thrice now.

Get thee behind me pre-order satan.

Honestly if there was even one decent review I'd jump it. I'm pretty excited about this game. Not gonna do it. I've been burned thrice now.

Heh. I hear ya. But I don't jump on Internet bandwagons or memes full of people with all-or-nothing mentalities. I've seen the PC gameplay footage. $45 purchase confirmed based on what I saw. Had elements of L4D mixed with mirrors edge. I love co-op zombie shooters. Anyone upset about Dead Island can go be butthurt in the corner.

Heh. I hear ya. But I don't jump on Internet bandwagons or memes full of people with all-or-nothing mentalities. I've seen the PC gameplay footage. $45 purchase confirmed based on what I saw. Had elements of L4D mixed with mirrors edge. I love co-op zombie shooters. Anyone upset about Dead Island can go be butthurt in the corner.

I have mixed feeling about Dead Island. Following the release I chose to wait because like I said I followed it closely and was worried about development changing so radically. When I did get it for idk like $30 I thought it was just dandy. I did not experience the Day 0 bugs. In fact I quit preordering mostly after Homefront so I've ever been an unfortunate "bug tester". It sucked character wise but after you got off the beach the story was much more tolerable and the combat, exploration and weapon design was amazing. That and the game looked amazing.

Dying Light seems like exactly the Dead Island I originally wanted and its developed on the same engine so I'm comfortable saying no ones likely to get burned here I'm just personally choosing not to be a part of the process. If tonight we get bombarded by kickass reviews I'll gladly pay my $60 or whatever upfront.

I put Dying Light in the grey area of pre-orders. Theyre not doing anything shady with the pre-orders other than the review embargo. I don't support it, but I wouldn't hate on anyone for pre-ordering.

Dying Light seems like exactly the Dead Island I originally wanted and its developed on the same engine so I'm comfortable saying no ones likely to get burned here I'm just personally choosing not to be a part of the process. If tonight we get bombarded by kickass reviews I'll gladly pay my $60 or whatever upfront.

Well, what seems evident now based on watching streams and interviews with the developers is that Dying Light is the game they really wanted to make all along prior to Dead Island, but for various reasons (graphic tech, economic, publisher) were forced into a box and begrudgingly made Dead Island instead.

So now we're getting the game they seem much more passionate about. It's certainly a big step up in graphics, and makes Dead Island almost feel like an indie by comparison. Watching more streams tonight it sort of reminds me of Far Cry 3 with zombies, and Mirror's Edge type parkour.

Streams:
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dying Light

Last edited:
Well, what seems evident now based on watching streams and interviews with the developers is that Dying Light is the game they really wanted to make all along prior to Dead Island, but for various reasons (graphic tech, economic, publisher) were forced into a box and begrudgingly made Dead Island instead.

So now we're getting the game they seem much more passionate about. It's certainly a big step up in graphics, and makes Dead Island almost feel like an indie by comparison. Watching more streams tonight it sort of reminds me of Far Cry 3 with zombies, and Mirror's Edge type parkour.

Streams:
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dying Light

Looks good, man the patronizing money aspect of streamers is getting really annoying. Guy stops everything to make a big deal out of someone subscribing and donating and trying to get the chatroom to throw a parade about it. Just stfu and play the game man. have some dignity.

No way in hell am I pre-ordering this, but if it turns out to be good I have no problem throwing down some money for it on a sale. So far what I have seen has looked pretty good, though I do want to know more about progression and overall feeling compared to what Dead Island offered.

Couple of questions that maybe those of you who have watched more footage might know: Is the weapon durability shitty like in Dead Island, or did they fix that? Also, is it possible to disable zombie legs and have them crawl after you? Dead Island failed miserably in that regard, where waling on their legs just made them die quicker with no visible effect.

so Techland lied about there being no review embargos?...my prediction is scores in the 8/10 range

Another PC release has day 1 issues.

Its just not worth buying any major PC release day 1 ever. Which suits me I'll pick up the GOTY edition with all the DLC on the cheap.

Fuck publishers and developers that release beta junk as "final" code.

I picked it up and its downloading from steam because my standards went out the window the day I purchased Assassins Creed Unity.

Boogie/Francis seems to be loving it so far. http://www.twitch.tv/boogie2988

He's playing on a 670 and I haven't seen any slowdowns. Will play my copy on a 970 tomorrow, so I don't expect any problems. The graphics are so superb that I don't see how I'm going to be able to go back to H1Z1 after this.

Just saw a glimpse of the invasion system - real human opponent playing as a Night Hunter came into the streamer's game during the night and attacked, but he managed to thwart it with the UV light and beat it down. Kinda cool, had a hint of the Dark Souls invasion mechanic to it.

The nighttime atmosphere is pretty damn eerie actually.

Last edited:
I just played 36 mins on my system, so far no problems, game is suspenseful - I feel like I need eyes in the back of my head. :eek:

I'm getting about 20fps in the open world at max settings @ 1680x1050.
Putting everything on low puts me around 45-50. Seeing 70% GPU utilization.

Shelving this one for now.

http://imgur.com/a/9bi9s

Possibly the worst running game I've seen in my life, only a little bit worse than AC3 a few years ago.
Today is a special day.

Looks like I'm running out of VRAM.

Last edited:
It's Dead Island in a more open world city with parkour/climbing elements.
Decisively average.

I figured I'd just keep my mouth shut but I noticed a lot of hitching and weirdness in the Developers multiplayer sessions. I had hoped it was just old news. Sorry to hear it needs more time in the oven. Thats a shame but its not like we didn't see it coming *patiently waits for a sale and patches*

Its a shame developers are either allowed or forced to release games in this state to meet launch dates.

I actually got this from Amazon, being $10 cheaper. But the reasons were Co-Op, zombies, and the wanting to tax my 980. It runs great so far in limiting playing for single player with maxed out settings. Using GPUz utilizing was 90+.

This game good? might like it if it's deeper silver then EVOLVE.
Techland is the developer, and WB Games is the publisher this time around. It sounds like WB gave Techland the freedom to make the game they wanted, unlike Deep Silver and Dead Island. I'm keeping an eye on it myself, just waiting on the "WTF is..."

The game makes me dizzy. It uses a ridiculous amount of chromatic aberration (?), probably the most I've seen, it's quite noticable.

Combined with the weird blurring along the edges of the screen, and the film grain, it's an uncomfortable experience. Probably the first time in my life I've been so uncomfortable looking at a video game.
It just feels like the picture is very distorted. I don't know why they do that. Maybe to hide ugly graphics for consoles.

For PC I'd really love to just turn all of it off.

does the game require co-op for maximum enjoyment or can a person play solo?

Yeah at Walmart I seen the 5.00 down preorder card there for the past 9 months or so =)

Seems like AMD cards are getting pounded by this game. On Nvidia dropping the view distance to 50% seems to fix most of the fps issues using the latest drivers.

Seems like AMD cards are getting pounded by this game. On Nvidia dropping the view distance to 50% seems to fix most of the fps issues using the latest drivers.
Maybe not so simple.

I have a FX8350 + 970 +8GB of Ram.. and I am getting 20-40 fps outside. Textures are high and every else is turned off. I don't get it.
i7-3770 3.4ghz 8gb DDR3 GTX 970 SC 4gb VRAM 1600x900 Windows 7
Getting pretty bad performance even with the new drivers. Maybe around 20-60fps depending on where I am or looking
i7 3770k (stock settings) and GTX 970 here. The game seems to run at about 30-40 FPS most of the time, with regular dips below and HEAVY dips during and after cutscenes (I'm talking frozen screen for 0.5 seconds for the duration of the cutscene). DOF/AA/Motion Blur off, view distance somewhere on middle, everything else on high.
I can confirm runs like shit on sli gtx 970, i5 4690k at 4 GHz, and 16gb ram. When inside runs fine, outside runs at 20, also ski support doesn't work at all
GTX 970 AMD FX 6300 (@4.5GHz)
I just went into the open world, 6-20FPS. Poorly developed game xD

So I finally went outside and smacked around a few zombies with my table leg - it broke way too quickly, luckily I had a wrench and a pipe that did a lot better - combat is not as easy as I anticipated as I run out of stamina quickly but it makes it interesting, also - its possible to kick a zombie and continually stomp them to death - I really enjoy that aspect. It appears that running, jumping and meleeing zombies will increase my ability and allow me to unlock a skill tree.

As far as problems - my card needs a driver update, I didn't notice any problems with framerate or slowdowns but theres the typical flickering textures I normally see on new games with dual gpu's. I'm running the 14.12 omega software that came out at the end of last year so I'm going to be checking if AMD has any updates.

Overall, I like the game, meleeing zombies and scrounging for components is great - the dead island influence is here heavily but the added climbing and movement makes it fun. I'm one of the few that enjoyed dead island though.

Get great 60+ FPS with all settings maxed on a single 970 GTX. But the game has a memory leak and crashes me after 20-30seconds of gameplay :( Hope they patch it soon.

I havent had many issues. My viewers seem to like it. I dont particulary care for the durability loss on weapons. The world design has been great. The acrobatics have been fun. Dont hate or love the skill point system. I'm 4 hrs in and id give the game a solid B so far.

FWIW, TB said that the Day 1 patch that dropped last night killed the performance of the game by at least 50% when compared to his play time earlier in the day.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/559902585227059200
He posted a few hours later saying his config settings got corrupted and he had to reset everything, and that fixed it. He also followed up saying Dying Light's performance is "fine".
If he makes a video and claims this game is a good port, at least as far as frame rate goes, I'll be unsubbing. Don't need any more false info in my life.

As if the guy with dual 980's and a 5960X is in any position to judge performance. Not all of us are lucky enough to be on Nvidia's payroll for free hardware.

I havent had many issues. My viewers seem to like it. I dont particulary care for the durability loss on weapons. The world design has been great. The acrobatics have been fun. Dont hate or love the skill point system. I'm 4 hrs in and id give the game a solid B so far.

Solid B with the multiplayer? or without it?
I heard multiplayer (vs mode) is for pre-orders only?

Solid B with the multiplayer? or without it?
I heard multiplayer (vs mode) is for pre-orders only?

They dropped the pre order requirement, the vs mode (IE Be a Zombie) is open to everyone that buys the game now.

Back