Dying Light - zombies, 4-player co-op

How can u not heard of it? its from the same devs that did dead island.

PC requirements have been posted.
According to Techland's facebook page, these are subject to change.

(Outdated, see post below)
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3
Hard Drive: 40 GB free space
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670 / AMD Radeon™ HD 7870
Sound: DirectX® 10

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
Sound: DirectX® 10

Last edited:
Ouch. My rig meets minimum requirements to the T. Guess I better start saving for upgrades if this is what the newer game releases are going to need as far as horsepower.

Updated.

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.5 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 / AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 (1GB VRAM)
DirectX®: Version 11
Sound: DirectX® compatible
Additional Notes: Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 (2GB VRAM)
DirectX®: Version 11
Sound: DirectX® compatible
Additional Notes: Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

40 GB of SSD space is valueable real estate. What the hell is up with games being in the 40-50GB range these days? Uncompressed audio and textures?

How can u not heard of it? its from the same devs that did dead island.

What's interesting is that Dead Island 2 is actually also scheduled for release within months of Dying Light from a different developer but same publisher.

After Dead Island I have pretty much zero faith in Techland...but we'll see. I watched AngryJoe stream a bit of this last night, and it looked pretty much the same as Dead Island but with a bit more climbing around.

I'll check it out at least. Me and my kid have had a lot of fun playing co-op Dead Space 3 and L4D so can't hurt to have a couple more to choose from.

Looks like any other Zombie game out there.....Left 4 Dead 2 looks more immersive.

Uncompressed maybe, or just higher quality in general.
Blame blurays.
And yet they still press games on DVD for physical PC releases... I had to babysit the Titanfall installation since it came on 5 DVDs when it could have fit on 1 DL-BD... Takes me back to the days of 5-6 CD installation when the DVD format had already been out for 4+ years with Far Cry. I seriously think the first PC game I purchased that came on a DVD was Crysis in 2007.

After Dead Island I have pretty much zero faith in Techland...but we'll see. I watched AngryJoe stream a bit of this last night, and it looked pretty much the same as Dead Island but with a bit more climbing around.
It looked a lot more polished and refined when I watched AJ myself last night. But I still can't stand that narrow FoV they insist on using, and it gets exacerbated by the exagerrated head movement. I'm led to believe that the horizontal FoV is only like 50-60 degrees. I was getting sick just from watching it. I guess one of the good things is it looks like the microstutter is gone.

Dying Light gameplay: The map from end to end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZW1pZgzlYs

I don't know what to make of this game...it looks good but I'm still skeptical based on Techland's history...they claim that the issues with Dead Island were mainly caused by Deep Silver (publisher) and their interference...Techland promised that Dying Light would be of better quality than Dead Island due to its complex gameplay, extensive story as well as its more serious and mature tone...the development team also consider Dying Light "an opportunity to prove to people that we (Techland) have made a AAA game"

So was it Deep Silver that caused them to incompetently upload a shitty pre-release build on launch day on Steam? :p

(Maybe so, but I'm still not convinced)

graphics look good in that gameplay video, but is it just me or does the game look way too easy? Seems like you're basically Spiderman or The Flash running and jumping over everything with super human speed, while the zombies move way too slow and dont appear much of a threat at all.

Game looks good but I will wait for reviews. Techlands previous game was a buggy mess and I stupidly paid full price. Not again.

environment looks very drab...beautifully rendered but dull...hope their is more variety to the terrain

I read that night time is much more dangerous then day time. More aggressive zombies, and zombie types that are only active at night.

I hope so....that daytime map playthrough looked pretty boring....he just walked by 99% of the mobs, including the huge dudes with maces.

I read that night time is much more dangerous then day time. More aggressive zombies, and zombie types that are only active at night.

I hope so....that daytime map playthrough looked pretty boring....he just walked by 99% of the mobs, including the huge dudes with maces.

I read that daytime lasts for approximately 64 minutes (real time) while the night cycle only lasts for 7 minutes...seems a bit unbalanced but we'll see

a few days away from release...I'll wait for some reviews before deciding to buy or not...Techland makes me nervous...or maybe I'll choose between either Dying Light or Evolve

I read that daytime lasts for approximately 64 minutes (real time) while the night cycle only lasts for 7 minutes...seems a bit unbalanced but we'll see

Only unbalanced if day and night were equally fun to play. Sounds like they probably aren't. With all the mirror's edge type building jumping that I see all over the gameplay videos, daylight is probably what the game is mainly built around.

Looking forward to this game in any case.

Developer livestream starting at 10am PST
http://www.twitch.tv/techland

Edit: game actually looking very good. Like a mash-up between Left4Dead and Dead Island, with Mirrors Edge jumping and climbing .

Last edited:
Dying Light gameplay: The map from end to end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZW1pZgzlYs

I don't know what to make of this game...it looks good but I'm still skeptical based on Techland's history...they claim that the issues with Dead Island were mainly caused by Deep Silver (publisher) and their interference...Techland promised that Dying Light would be of better quality than Dead Island due to its complex gameplay, extensive story as well as its more serious and mature tone...the development team also consider Dying Light "an opportunity to prove to people that we (Techland) have made a AAA game"

Wow I had only noticed this game on my periphery I didn't know it was techland now I'm kind of excited. I know that's gonna sound kind of strange given their last games, I'll explain.

So I actually was following techland for about 3-5 years before Dead Island. They'd been working on an open world zombie game for a long time, no backing. Serious survival horror, then about a year or so before release they suddenly switched publishers and the concept completely changed. Dead island atmosphere and story is completely different from the early builds and turned into this goofy idiotic game that felt completely geared towards thuggy tweens.

I still liked Dead Island gameplay wise but I really had to question why it just completely changed like 9 months before release and suspected that due to cash issues they just cowed to publisher money.

I really hope this is the game they originally intended to make

Edit: nvm looks like thats exactly happened. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3312677/techland-explains-theyre-making-dead-island-2/

Fuck Deep silver then. Before Dead Island came out there was a detailed wiki and timeline for techland and the prototype but I can't find it anymore. The original zombie game they were working on looked a lot like the youtube stuff of Dying Light. If thats true this is a day one for me but I'll wait for reviews. Not in a big hurry.

Last edited:
I dont think my PC will be able to run this maxed out so I will probably be getting it for PS4 on its release day. Looking forward to it, been following it for a while. It seems like it mostly focuses on melee weapons, not sure how many firearms there are in the game. The animations for melee kills look pretty sweet so far, and obviously the free running aspect is a great addon to a FPS game. While most people physically wouldnt be able to move like that unless you're David Belle, it adds an aspect of freedom and realism in a way that most games dont have. Its always nice being able to move in a way that allows you to access areas that normally you cant in many games. Its one aspect that just constantly lets you know you're playing a game. I dont like not being able to scale a 6' wall or climb on top of a house in a game when I know I surely could somehow in real life. Obviously there a lot of limitations with games and engines but I would like to see more games implement systems that allow you to move more freely. Even if it is exaggerated. Ill let you know how the game is!

dont listen to these fools Techland, you know i love you, here, take my money :D

This game looks really good. I'm not convinced enough to buy it day 1 but I will definitely be checking reviews and if they're good I doubt I'll wait too long to pick it up.

game is $10 cheaper on Amazon vs Steam...Amazon has become very competitive when it comes to PC game prices recently...a lot of times they have the cheapest price nowadays and Steam just price matches them during the big Summer/Winter sales

Have to say I'm a bit more interested since the little Tux (ie Linux Penguin) icon popped up, indicating it will have Linux support! Great to see another AAA catering to Linux.

Back