Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition has launched.
$60 on Steam right now.
It is considered an Expansion Pack and a part of the Season Pass that I bought for cheap on the Steam Winter Sale.

Some game play in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNpilWUV3s

Kotaku review.
http://kotaku.com/dying-light-the-following-the-kotaku-review-1757937322

valve.jpg

From the official website:

KEY FEATURES

NEW MAP | AS BIG AS DYING LIGHT

For the first time, you’ll go outside the quarantine zone only to get thrust into a hazardous outback overrun by the infected and populated by pockets of survivors who consider outsiders just as threating. With a region the size of all Dying Light maps combined, Dying Light: The Following is choke full of new environments, characters, quests, and secrets to discover.

DRIVABLE VEHICLES | YOUR DEADLIEST WEAPON YET

Break pursuits and travel through the quarantine like never before. All-terrain dirt buggies are going to be your key tool to survival and getting around this hazardous countryside. Level up your new Driver Rank skill tree and upgrade your ride to create your most deadly and effective weapon yet. Fully customizable with specialized weapons, attachments, decals and paint jobs, your buggy is going to be your one-way ticket to zombie smashing mayhem.

NEW STORY | WHERE WILL THE OUTBREAK GO?

Players will again take the role of Kyle Crane, and will be thrown into Harran’s outback region, rife with the infected, where they’ll encounter a mysterious, and seemingly all-powerful cult, capable of changing the face of Dying Light’s world. To infiltrate and unravel dark secrets of The Following, Kyle Crane will need to face all-new challenges and use his abilities to the limit.

NON-LINEAR PROGRESSION | TRUST IS SOMETHING YOU EARN

To get close to the cult and unravel their secrets, players will need to earn the trust of the locals. Through various missions and tasks, players will be able to choose their own path for infiltrating the inner circles of the cultists. As you earn more trust, you’ll be granted more imperative tasks along with access to dark cult secrets which will help unravel the mystery that has taken hold of this once serene land.

Didn't even know it was coming out today. Good thing I still have the game installed.

Looks really cool I see they got rid of the regular edition from Steam.

I've not purchased the expansion or season pass, but I'm glad to see the improvements from the latest patch are available to everyone.

I got the season pass when it came out. Then I beat the game. Then when I went back to continue playing I misunderstood whether I was doing New Game + with all my equipment or what it was trying to do.

Well, it started me a new game with zero equipment back at the start. I put like 40 hours into that shit. No way I wanna restart and do it all over.

Still pretty bitter about that.

Bought yhis game for dirt cheap months ago just for this moment. Also wondering if you can play this with randons

Yes, there is matchmaking available to play with randoms. You have to set the game type from single player to public in the options and set to allow human co-ops. People can freely drop in and out, as far as I'm aware.

so the normal dying light that I bought looks like its been updated as I just checked steam and it says I own it already:confused:

Everyone gets the Enhancement Patch for the base game today. The Following is DLC though which can be bought by itself or with the Season pass

They have added a bit to it. There is now legendary skill levels along side with the Survivor/Agility/Power level trees.

They have reduced damage that weapons dish out along with points for kicks/double-kicks and such.

Also new visual effects in the game menu. New enemy animations along with stronger enemies (tried fighting a goon and got my butt handed to me)

All in all life just got a bit harder with this patch.

Do weapons still break down as fast as they did in dead island ? never liked that much really..

Is it possible to just pay the $29.99 for the Season pass, right now if you already own the base game, and get the rest of the stuff? :D

Edit: If I go to the store and add the "The Following - Enhanced Edition", Steam says I already own it but, I can purchase the Season pass. So is this expansion free to everyone who bought the base game?

Last edited:
Is it possible to just pay the $29.99 for the Season pass, right now if you already own the base game, and get the rest of the stuff? :D

Edit: If I go to the store and add the "The Following - Enhanced Edition", Steam says I already own it but, I can purchase the Season pass. So is this expansion free to everyone who bought the base game?
There was a patch that upgraded everyone's copy to the Enhanced Edition, but the Expansion Pack content is still sold separately. You'll automatically get the XP if you buy or own the Season Pass.

And no, you can no longer purchase the base game. The store page entry has been replaced by the Enhanced Edition, which includes the XP for new customers.

Seriously considering this. Wouldn't mind a GMG discount to sweeten the pot.

EDIT: Bought it. Helluva a lot going there for the price.

EDIT AGAIN: Pretty damned impressed.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Dying Light, but this has so much to do. great addition to an already top game.

The game has VAC now, so chill with the mods until the developers figure out how to get the Steam Workshop back up with VAC checks.

Really looking forward to playing this weekend. The dlc looks way better than the original game which overall sucked. I'm not sure why but I went to buy it on steam today and it says I already own it. I don't remember buying a season pass but I bought my key on greenmangaming prerelease so idk. I've had a couple times now where my key got me weird extras. Downloading now

its a great game, I just kind of put on cold freeze at release because I was waiting for updates to fix the crossfire problem and I totally forgot about it.

Really looking forward to playing this weekend. The dlc looks way better than the original game which overall sucked. I'm not sure why but I went to buy it on steam today and it says I already own it. I don't remember buying a season pass but I bought my key on greenmangaming prerelease so idk. I've had a couple times now where my key got me weird extras. Downloading now

Original is great.. Way better then the DLC.. But the DLC is good.. And short :/

Original is great.. Way better then the DLC.. But the DLC is good.. And short :/

Glad I didn't pay for it.

Top 3 complaints about Dying Light

1.Plot is complete fucking garbage with a awful ending
2. Weapons and color palette of the game are brown and...brown. Not a 3rd of as many unique and pretty weapons as Dead Island.
3.The bigger zombies didn't seem to have any strategy to actually killing them. Specifically it was just a waste of time to battle with the guys who ground pound. It was so tedious you just avoid them as apposed to something like Dead Island or Dead Rising where every battle was just pure joy.

Dying Light – Steam Workshop update

FEBRUARY 18 - MODLIN_TECHLAND
Dying Light Developer Tools and Steam Workshop content for Dying Light have been reactivated and updated with all the assets and content from Dying Light: The Following (excluding the buggy – we’re working on that).

If you do not have Dying Light: The Following, you will still be able to use Dev Tools and enjoy all of the custom maps available on Steam Workshop.

It is a 1.5GB update on Steam. Anyone with the game notice that the zombies in the regular game at least are a helluva lot more aggressive and faster? I'm just sitting on a roof looking at them; scared sh*tless to go down. My character is brand new so a few whacks with a pipe and I'm out of stamina.

I am looking for dying light teamates on steam. Need some partners to tag on during zombie invasion!

So, I had the day off. Literally beat the following today. I still think this game is one of the best running/looking games ever.

1448F01E6DDCAAFF9C0790474E070BBA7DEA7094

76C54D953817BFB7E0C07409C6F747CAD4A08229

6366672C26328192CB8E2D0AF6C4F01AD1E650EF

44B78F9E53EF14E046D07D9195DF5E08BF8B3E65

D5F115F2A85A946E3BA0D4F2657D20C5983CD8B9

Yeah, too bad you have to use a mod to get rid of the chromatic abberation, but I agree. It's the 2nd best open-world game of 2015 (behind TW3 of course), and the best SP zombie game I have ever played. L4D2 I only play Versus competitive MP so the SP in that was rather bad IMO.

I am waiting on Battlefield : Zombie Apocalypse.
Game is basically like BF4 but there are civilians that you need to rescue at various compounds around the map.
The object of the game is to collect more civilians than the other team, or kill more zombies and enemies than the other team.
It will be points based, with the points going down for the opposing team as your team collects civilians and kills zombies and enemies.
-1 point for zombie or enemy kill, and -1 point per team death, -10 points for each civilian rescue. First team to 0 loses.
Civilians will also randomly spawn at various areas around the map as well and there will be radio message asking for rescue so you have to get to them before the enemy or the zombies.
Zombies will enter the map at random areas so there will always be zombies on the map.

I am waiting on Battlefield : Zombie Apocalypse.
Game is basically like BF4 but there are civilians that you need to rescue at various compounds around the map.
The object of the game is to collect more civilians than the other team, or kill more zombies and enemies than the other team.
It will be points based, with the points going down for the opposing team as your team collects civilians and kills zombies and enemies.
-1 point for zombie or enemy kill, and -1 point per team death, -10 points for each civilian rescue. First team to 0 loses.
Civilians will also randomly spawn at various areas around the map as well and there will be radio message asking for rescue so you have to get to them before the enemy or the zombies.
Zombies will enter the map at random areas so there will always be zombies on the map.

BF5 is set in the World War I time period.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02...edly-set-in-world-war-1-according-to-retailer

Dying Light Update Introduces NVIDIA Percentage Closer Soft Shadows

Together with NVIDIA HBAO+ and NVIDIA Depth of Field, which have been in Dying Light since the game's launch in January 2015, NVIDIA PCSS further improves image quality and immersion in Techland's incredibly popular co-op zombie action game...

wow, another game gets Nvidia GameWorks features post-launch (Fallout 4 as well)...is there any reason to go AMD at this point, it seems Nvidia is killing them in terms of features, game bundles etc

Together with NVIDIA HBAO+ and NVIDIA Depth of Field, which have been in Dying Light since the game's launch in January 2015, NVIDIA PCSS further improves image quality and immersion in Techland's incredibly popular co-op zombie action game...

wow, another game gets Nvidia GameWorks features post-launch (Fallout 4 as well)...is there any reason to go AMD at this point, it seems Nvidia is killing them in terms of features, game bundles etc
Dying Light had HBAO+ and NVIDIA's implementation of Bokeh DoF at launch.

So I don't need the original Dying Light if I purchase this, correct?
Correct.

Anyone have a lot of mouse lag? I disabled vsync but then I get a lot of screen tear.. I set adaptive in the Nvidia control panel but I still get some tearing - but the lag is gone.. Not sure I can get lagless with out any tearing.

Anyone have a lot of mouse lag? I disabled vsync but then I get a lot of screen tear.. I set adaptive in the Nvidia control panel but I still get some tearing - but the lag is gone.. Not sure I can get lagless with out any tearing.
I'm not noticing any lag with G-Sync. Do you have Mouse Smoothing in the game options turned all the way down? If you have a mouse which you can adjust the DPI on, I would also try turning the DPI up and the mouse sensitivity in the game down.

Back