Dying 6600GT?

melomania

Limp Gawd
I'm using a MSI 6600GT that I bought last April and it has done a wonderful job.

I play a lot of Guild Wars and other FPS games until I noticed something weird in Guild Wars.

Sometimes when I am playing I get some sort video glitch and things slow way down. Usually to fix it I just tap the windows key and downsize it and resize it and it appears normal again for a little while. I also reinstalled Guild Wars too. Now as far as any other games that it does it on, I havn't seen it yet.

Also, sometimes when I go to a different town when it loads I get some sort of 'Out of Memory' error. I have heard this means I am out of GPU memory? I don't see how I can be out. After the error, sometimes I can just ctrl+alt+del it and close it quickly. One time all my colors went crazy and I had to reboot.

Also, two things to take into consideration. I added a second 19' Widescreen LCD to my previous 17" LCD at christmas and also added 2x512 Corsair XMS memory the other day.

Vid card dying or just a software issue?

I'll post a screenshot.

dxdiag posted fine results, no errors

What do you guys think? Card getting hot? Software issue?

Not that I can think of.

I reinstalled the most recent version of nvidias drivers. Maybe a clean reformat wouldn't hurt.

Also, I have a question for you guys. I have a weird drive setup. I just added a gig of memory so I have this.

2x256
2x512
______
=1.5 gigs

I have 3 drives

XP Pro is on a 10gb partition of a 60gig drive.

What should I set my page file at?
Am I bottlenecked major because of the 10gig partition?

Back