DX10 Games In Q's 3 and 4

is it just me that think crysis will be pushed back?
there's this interview of gamespot with the senior game designer post in the nvidia section, and a couple of times the guy was saying they are "aiming for 2007." which give me the impression that they are not confident of the september release date.

being hopeful still

Ooh, doesn't sound good, as that's the big daddy game. Then again, there was that Youtube video this week with Crytek's head honcho running the game on a Penryn. That 10 seconds sure looked ready. :confused:

I think i'm going to wait for good performing mid-range ($150 or less) DX10 cards. :-/ I'm really looking forward to GoW though. :D

Yeah, there are a few DX10 games out.

Actually, there have not yet been released any natively coded DX10 games yet. That's one reason why everyone yells at everyone else over which vid card is the bomb: fear of losing place or hope of winning it both rest on DX10 performance in a game that is natively DX10.

Isn't there some game called Supreme Commander or something that's DX10?

Must not be natively coded, like you said, my mistake ;p

Yeah, just like that dumb 8 page long thread below this one talking about "What do you think of this failed generation?" :rolleyes: The only game so far that's been built on DX10 and DX9 separately is Crysis. Even World in Conflict only had time to implement a good array (not all) DX10 effects/options, you can read their interview on nVidia's nZone site. Between Crysis in Q3/Q4 2007, I don't think there will be a "real" difference in its DX10 performance vs an early 2008 DX10-only title for example.

Therefore this DX10 whining is really sad when all they're just pathetic patches on top of DX9 code. That's obviously more work for hardware. I think it will be another year before we get titles that are DX10-only, personally. Even then, most PC games will have to follow Crytek's example of developing the game across both APIs simultaneously and not building the DX10 version off of DX9, but rather separately.

Back