DVI port stopped working on Viewsonic VX2025WM

steven1110

Limp Gawd
Just recently built a system for my brother in law and after about a week of using it he said the monitors dvi port has stopped working for some reason. He said that he hooked the analog into his dreamcast and when he switched back to dvi into his video card it didn't work. The analog is working though in place of the digital port. Is there a setting somewhere that you have to adjust to tell the monitor which to read or anything to that effect that may be causing the problem? Or maybe it's a bad port?? If that's the case, can you test the port?? Thoughts or Suggestions??

You need the "DVI Recover" tool.

Happened to me.

This bug is totally not acceptable. I don't know who's to blame but it's f*cked up :mad:

It has something to do with a power-save feature that suspends your monitor - unfortunatly sometimes it puts it into permanent suspension.

exchange it if you can. i haven't seen many sucess stories using dvi recover. the ones it worked for may have just been coincidence that their monitor came back on after unplugging it.

there was supposedly a problem with older cards but out of all the computers and lcd's i've used and built i've never had this problem until i got the 2025vx. and i read that i wasn't the only one having this problem.

don't take your chances and get an exchange while you can.

http://www.geocities.com/jgeneedid/

Give it a shot, a lot of people get it fixed with this. Mind you, mine has been broken for two months now, and Viewsonic's support has proven to be some of the worst this side of AOL.

May I recommend never buying a Viewsonic monitor again? :mad:

So this problem hasn't been fixed yet, huh?

Does this DVI problem typically happen very quickly, like within the first few times of using the monitor, or could it possibly happen after running fine for a few months? I ask this because I'll be buying from a brick and mortar soon, and I may opt for their extended warranty, since ViewSonic's customer service reputation is not so hot.

I think the problem can happen anytime.

It will normally happen when something in your system changes or you connect the monitor to another computer.

If you never change anything about your computer and you never connect your monitor to anything else other that that one computer, it's fair to say that if it's working, it'll remain working so long as nothing changes.

LordBritish said:
I think the problem can happen anytime.

It will normally happen when something in your system changes or you connect the monitor to another computer.

If you never change anything about your computer and you never connect your monitor to anything else other that that one computer, it's fair to say that if it's working, it'll remain working so long as nothing changes.

Still something of a scary thought... my stuff gets swapped around pretty frequently.

I swap around constantly and never have had a problem yet. *knock on wood*

This week has been especially trying as I've had like 20 different PC's on the bench...

Mine has a similar problem. It has worked fine for about a year and a half. Recently my graphics card freaked out (NVIDIA 8600 GTS) and it stopped showing up in anything higher than 1024 x 768. I figured it was dead... took it to work so I could RMA it and plugged it in on a whim. Worked fine. I'm using Vista x64 and am pretty sure this is the problem. Even with a multi monitor setup I cannot get this monitor to work properly through x64. Going to try the tool from above. :rolleyes:
Thanks

Used the tool from above and almost worked, until I rebooted. Found out the problem is that somehow the monitor is not telling the PC what type it is. The reason my monitor worked at work was because I plugged it into a monitor with the same resolution, and Vista didn't look for new drivers. So right now I'm down to using the VGA port and it works fine. Still have to RMA the monitor because I want my DVI though!

Back