DVDO VP50 firmware v1.09

sprak74

Gawd
Just acquired dvdo vp50 from ebay and was wondering if anyone here has firmware v1.09 that they can sent me? I've tried the one off the internet that I found, but when I updated it, it says the file is corrupted. Thanks.

Do you need a new firmware?

You will probably have to ask around on AVS for one.

I found what you are looking for. If I remember correctly, you need an actual DB-9 port on a computer to do the upload. The USB to Serial converters have issues.

Attachments

• vp50_v1.09.1.92z8.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Update_instructions.pdf
    205.7 KB · Views: 0
I found what you are looking for. If I remember correctly, you need an actual DB-9 port on a computer to do the upload. The USB to Serial converters have issues.

oh yuk. You are probably right though, i've had tons of problems with usb->serial for legacy stuff. Off to goodwill to buy a w98 laptop :)

What did you theater look like? This was pretty high end stuff back in the day.

I work in the A/V industry. I used to use these to scale everything to the native resolution of the display. Most early LCD/DLP projectors had strange native resolutions or had issues switching from interlaced to progressive and back. I could set all of the inputs to the best native resolution, and then scale the output to the native resolution of the projector. I currently do this with Crestron who sells Digital Matrix Endpoints that have a scaler built in. I can also grab edids from equipment and ask for the correct resolution/format for the destination or upscale to the native resolution of the display/projector.

Back