DVD+R DL max file size?

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
Is there a max file size limit for DVD+R DL discs?

I have 7.8GB of rar files I'd like to write to a DL disc for backup purposes, and one of the files is 4,567,979KB. I was wondering if there will be any problem writing a file of that size? If so, I can break it into smaller files, but I'd like to find out since I don't have the media yet, and breaking the file apart will take several hours.

sandmanx said:
Is there a max file size limit for DVD+R DL discs?

I have 7.8GB of rar files I'd like to write to a DL disc for backup purposes, and one of the files is 4,567,979KB. I was wondering if there will be any problem writing a file of that size? If so, I can break it into smaller files, but I'd like to find out since I don't have the media yet, and breaking the file apart will take several hours.
No issues, but it will have to be of the UDF file system compilation. Just select UDF disc instead of ISO9660.. Nero will warn you to do this anyway.

TechHead said:
No issues, but it will have to be of the UDF file system compilation. Just select UDF disc instead of ISO9660.. Nero will warn you to do this anyway.

Thanks. My boss picked up the media today, and I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'm glad I don't need to mess with that rar file though. I wasn't sure if there was a problem since the file would not fit on a single layer.

Normally I just burn multiple discs, but a single disc is much more convient than screwing with 2 discs.

Back