Dust 514

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Just stumbled across this game while reading up on the happenings at Gamescom this year. The concept actually sounds pretty damn cool IMO. Basically, it's a shooter that takes place in the universe of EVE online. The cool part of it though is that players of both games can apparently interact with one another. The example they used is that when players in Dust 514 call for an orbital strike in their game, members of the same faction playing EVE will get receive a request to fire (obviously they have to be in the proper area to get the request). The games will also share economies, territory control, etc. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one now.

Link to the article

Could see lots of oppotunities for cross platform greifing... Might be intresting. Kind of odd they didn't sell it to their main player base... I suppose it's a good way to add intrest for the main franchise. I mean, if you're playing part of another game on a PS3, you are going to want to play the rest of it if its a game you really like.

Back