dunno if it's hot costco 22" viewsonic 299 + 15 shipping

xkon

[H]ard|Gawd
This sale is dead. no more $300 22" viewsonic...

i was dabbling about coscto.com after i had seen the 22" sceptre deal and saw this viewsonic 22" without that pesky mail in rebate. bwahahah! http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11163877

Limited Online Offer:

Limit one per household/membership

Valid for orders placed October 13, 2006, through
October 29, 2006.

Online price $349.99

*Less coupon -$50.00

YOUR COST $299.99

* The $50.00 manufacturer's coupon will be
automatically deducted at checkout. No coupon number is needed.

Display:

* Screen Size: 22" WSXGA+ TFT LCD
* Resolution: 1680 x 1050
* Response time: 5ms
* Brightness: 280nit cd/m²
* Contrast Ratio: 700:1
* Viewing Angle: 170° H/170° V
* Pixel Pitch: 0.282mm

Input Connection:

* DVI 24-pin connector
* VGA 15-pin mini D-Sub

Additional Features:

* Integrated Stereo Speakers
* Energy Star Qualified
* VESA Wall Mount Capable
* HD 720p Compatible

General:

* Dimensions: W 20.6" x H 19.0" x D 9.6"
* Weight: 13.2 lbs.
* Warranty: 3 Year Limited

Shipping & Terms

Standard shipping is via UPS Ground. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 15 - 20 business days from the time of order.

*Delivery is available to Alaska and Hawaii. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska or Hawaii. This fee will be quoted at checkout.

If you are shipping this item to the State of California, a California Electronic Waste Recycling fee will apply to your order at checkout.

** State law may require sales tax to be charged on the pre-discounted price if the product is subject to sales tax.

Costco.com offers merchandise which complements our warehouse product selection. Therefore, most items available on our web site are unique to costco.com.

Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 400 Costco warehouses worldwide.
[Model VX2235wm]

1. It's from Costco, AWESOME warantee

2. It's a 22" Viewsonic for $299 and only $15 shipping, awesome price for a quality display!

1 + 2 = [H]OT.

Non-members pay a 5% surcharge for costco.com purchases, except for prescription drugs and gift certificates.

Nice monitor. Returned my 20" Sceptre that i purchased in Feb... It had a backlight flicker issue. Walked out with the Viewsonic and $80 cash difference refund ;)

holy moly! wowzers! i should purchase from costco more often. haha

tas7107 said:
Nice monitor. Returned my 20" Sceptre that i purchased in Feb... It had a backlight flicker issue. Walked out with the Viewsonic and $80 cash difference refund ;)

LOL gotta love costcos return policy..i think im gonna stick with them for my next purchase..i got this viewsonic from newegg..no way in hell to return it unless it had issues..i think its 1 yr replacement but yah..

i want a 22" :(

omg I'd love to jump on this but the S.O. would go ballistic. We just had an argument about finances a couple days ago.

robble said:
omg I'd love to jump on this but the S.O. would go ballistic. We just had an argument about finances a couple days ago.

LOL i hear ya man

no hdcp. i just bought it. kind of dissapointed... when black screen i see white on the bottom and top. like my old samsung, just quite a bit more noticeable. it's good and all, but i think i should have gone with the sceptre 22 /w hdcp. dunno though. not sure how those are compared to this. it's just so much bigger than my samsung. it takes up all the space i had left on the desktop. ;p

how much ghosting is there in games compared to a 2005fpw?

I think it had a 15ms refresh... or 12... i can't remember...

The Sceptre is an online rebate, not mail-in. I did take a look at the Viewsonic in the store and the size brought a smile to my face. Can't wait for the sceptre to arrive tomorrow. :D

I think both are a great buy. I sprung for the sceptre because of the extra input, features, contrast ratio and HDCP compliance....

The viewsonic, on the other hand, is a better known manufacturer with an instant rebate.

Just got this monitor, it's absolutely stunning. I am now considering getting another, I definitely recommend it.

How is the 1680x1050 resolution at 22"? Since it's the same res as a 20" panel, does it seem to low? Like I've seen 19" LCDs with 1280x1024, which is fine for a 17" but not enough at 19, is this similar?

hmm... i've never used a 20" lcd so i dunno how to answer that. It rox my old 19" widescreen though. i was kind of dissapointed with my 19" widescreen when i first got it because my old 17" crt wasnt that much smaller. When i had this sucker on my desk though, i was blown away. it's huge! i wanted a 24" - 30" screen, but this is perfect. i've got like 2 inches of space between my monitor and my desk's hutch. the resolution is good in my opinion though. i wanted a 20" version because it's cheaper and has the same ress, but when i went to compusa and compared the monitors, i saw that the upgrade from a 19" to a 20" wasnt worth it, but the 19" to a 22" was well worth the extra $100. if you've already got a 20" i say no need to bother, but if youre anything below 19" you'll see a big difference. Everything's crisp and clear. only gripe i have is that i can see that the lcd is a little lighter on the bottom and top when watching movies with widescreen. so uniformity is a little off. other than that, i think it's well worth the money. i really do want to try out the sceptre 22" though...

I got the Viewsonic a few days ago and so far it's very nice. I don't notice the bleeding that other people have reported. I went from a 19" CRT to this mainly because the CRT was putting too much strain on my eyes. This seems to be better in that respect. However, in terms of color and picture quality my CRT is better. I've ordered the Scepter as well and realistically expect it in a week or so. I will compare the two and keep the one I like. I usually don't do things like this, but I had to lock in both prices and since Costco didn't have both of them on display, there was no way I could make an informed decision. The Viewsonic is doing one strange thing though. After I run and close my aquarium screen saver, some pixels on my wallpaper glow red or green. Now I don't think it's a pixel defect because if I move my mouse pointer over it, they are not there. I also took a screen shot of it and opened it up in photoshop to discover that the green dots get bigger if I zoom in on them. If I open up another app like Internet explorer, the dots are gone. I suspect it could be a problem with my ATI all-in-wonder card. Anybody have any ideas?

TNT13 said:
I also took a screen shot of it and opened it up in photoshop to discover that the green dots get bigger if I zoom in on them.

If you can take a screen shot of it, then it's not the monitor. Probably the video card.

yah it's probably a vid card problem. give it to me! bwahaha. ;p jk. this thing is awesome. i love it. only problem is that i'm runnin it with an integrated graphics card, and can't get to appreciate it to it's fullest. grr... too many flub ups with my video card, and my money's in limbo so i cant do much right now. i notice so many flaws with normal video though, need to get high def content now.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. I'll try to locate a different driver and see if that works.

good looking out. I think my 20" Sceptre is about to get a weird flickering issue also, haha. Im gonne exchange that bitch for this ViewSonic, gotta love the Costco.

Back