Dumb question, but where is the operating system located?

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
After replacing my burnt hard drive and being happy my power supply decided to start working, I have another problem.

I boot it up, then it tells me an operating system is not detected. I have Windows ME and it's worked ever since I had. I only replaced my hard drive.

I might of unhooked a wire or something but I'm not sure where it's located. Hopefully someone here can help clear that up for me. :)

Thank you for any assistance, it's greatly appreciated.

the OS is on your hard drive, so yeah, if you replaced it, u don't have it anymore

Chowder Head said:
After replacing my burnt hard drive and being happy my power supply decided to start working, I have another problem.

I boot it up, then it tells me an operating system is not detected. I have Windows ME and it's worked ever since I had. I only replaced my hard drive.

I might of unhooked a wire or something but I'm not sure where it's located. Hopefully someone here can help clear that up for me. :)

Thank you for any assistance, it's greatly appreciated.

for real? :confused:

all software is on your harddrive... so all that music and everything you had... is gone.

TheCreator said:
for real? :confused:
Do you realize, at one time, this was a forum for advanced computer topics, like tweaking and overclocking? :rolleyes:

Hey I like these questions, I get to answer some every now and then and feel warm and fuzzy inside :).

The Operating System is located on your hard drive, if you connected a new one, it won't have an operating system installed on it. You'll need to get the install CD for Windows ME if you still have it, and re-install. The above poster is correct in saying that any files such as music, documents, etc that may have existed on the old hard drive are most likely lost forever.

djnes said:
Do you realize, at one time, this was a forum for advanced computer topics, like tweaking and overclocking? :rolleyes:

LOL no shit.

Thanky Kyle for gearing [H] to n00bs and console freaks.

Back