Dumb Q -> With SATA, can I put in 4 optical drives?

AndyM

Limp Gawd
I know that with IDE youre pretty much stuck with 2 off the motherboard, but with SATA optical drives can you load up your machine with say 4 drives? I'm really lazy and dont want to swap game disks all the time :cool:

you can connect 4 PATA optical drives to 2 PATA controller ports, for all I know. With SATA you can have n, where n = number of SATA ports that support optical drives, optical drives.

I would recommend that you consider some virtual drive software, like Alcohol 52%, de(a)mon tools or similar.

I know that with IDE youre pretty much stuck with 2 off the motherboard, but with SATA optical drives can you load up your machine with say 4 drives? I'm really lazy and dont want to swap game disks all the time :cool:
I'm equally lazy, but I just used game exe's that don't require a cd. I'm pretty sure that if you own the game legally you can do this. If this is against the rules of the forum, please let me know and i'll edit this.

I'm really lazy and dont want to swap game disks all the time :cool:

Same here.
I just use 4 opticals drives on my 2 IDE ports & 4 SATAHDD on my 4 SATA ports.
If I want to add more drives I'll just put my SCSI card back in, that will let me add upto another 30 drives as need.

Luck ....... :D

Back