Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled

HardOCP News

[H] News
The lawsuit between 3DRealms and Take-Two has been dismissed with prejudice. The two sides have apparently come to an agreement and the lawsuit over this matter can never be brought back up. Thank god, raise your hand if you were expecting the lawsuit to last longer than the development of the game.:eek:

"The above action, including any and all claims that were or could have been asserted by the parties, is dismissed with prejudice in according with the terms of the Settlement Agreement executed by the parties on May 14, 2010."

Oh, well maybe valve will be releasing it on the 18th huh? maybe, possibly.

I'm 43yo so this means there still is hope for the game to be released in my lifetime! :p

Oh, well maybe valve will be releasing it on the 18th huh? maybe, possibly.
Settled just in time?

I'm 43yo so this means there still is hope for the game to be released in my lifetime! :p
Not if I see you first! (It's a sort of threat, you see. I've never been terribly good at them myself but I'm told they can be terribly effective.)

If DNF is multiplayer than you won't see me first. :D

Settled just in time?

Not if I see you first! (It's a sort of threat, you see. I've never been terribly good at them myself but I'm told they can be terribly effective.)

Yay, previews for Duke Nukem coming to E3! Go Valve!!! :p

Switch the thread words and you get "Duke Nukem Lawsuit Forever".

Hoping beyond hope, but geez there are so many coincidences in this story. I'm looking forward to what comes out of E3 next week. Hopefully our hopes aren't dashed.

So....if I manager to get a new pre-order ticket and combine it with my old pre-oder ticket....with their powers combined, do I become captain planet?

OMG then the DNF Valve rumor may have some truth to it? They settled out of court right during all of this. Can it really all be coincidence?

Part of my brain is excited for DNF while the other part is pissed off about HL3 now. I feel like a teenager again im so confused.

It's obvious that both parties want this game to ship badly. From the leaked footage we've seen, it's going to be a killer game. I'm glad they rushed this part through so they can finish it. Maybe it will hit April 1st 2011 instead of 2010 :D

The lawsuit between 3DRealms and Take-Two has been dismissed with prejudice. The two sides have apparently come to an agreement and the lawsuit over this matter can never be brought back up. Thank god, raise your hand if you were expecting the lawsuit to last longer than the development of the game.:eek:

Did 3DRealms even have the money to fight this for a couple of years?

Geez...

I am pretty sure that Pigs will fly when this thing finally comes out!:rolleyes:

....Now how far depends on what weapons they put in the game.... :p

All I know is they had better have a fucking wall plaque sized for the original electronics boutique pre-order tickets.

....and have a minigame in it where you are a developer trying to get the final copy of DNF to the production factory before the development gnomes take it along with your underpants.....and your soul.

Ok, here's another thought. Valve comes in and says T2 here's your two million you paid upfront, and say 2 mill more for distribution rights. Valve then becomes the publisher. And it's Steam exclusive. No RETAIL sales at all.... CHA CHING - Valve makes a killing and DNF becomes a STEAM exclusive.....

By god, you are probably more right than one could guess. Valve settles it behind the scenes and Gabe takes it to the bank on the 18th.

I had already settled on the DNF rumour of the Valve E3 surprise being an absolute fake...

Now, I'm not quite so sure...

I'm going to go back and see when/where/how this rumour started again...

No way. No way!
NO FREAKIN WAY!

I refuse to believe anything is coming from this. And that anouncement next week? I cant.....
I just cant..... BELIEVE!

I want to, but.... I,I just can't do it man.
DNF being released? I just can't fathom....

it would be stupid for someone to not pickup and finish or re-develop one of the most talked about games of all time.. I mean, it's going to sell if someone makes it.. shit I'd buy a copy just to have it regardless of how it is.. :p

it would be stupid for someone to not pickup and finish or re-develop one of the most talked about games of all time.. I mean, it's going to sell if someone makes it.. shit I'd buy a copy just to have it regardless of how it is.. :p

I don't know about that.

Given all that has transpired regarding DNF, I not sure anyone could produce a game that would meet expectations.

You would have to come up with something that went far beyond expectations in story content, visuals, or multi-player capabilities.
That's going to be tough to do with an FPS.

I can't imaging Valve wanting to develop any new game tech to use on what has become the longest-running joke in gaming history.

meh to DNF
you take away the nostalgia and media circus and whats left looks like a very average game

I don't know about that.

Given all that has transpired regarding DNF, I not sure anyone could produce a game that would meet expectations.

You would have to come up with something that went far beyond expectations in story content, visuals, or multi-player capabilities.
That's going to be tough to do with an FPS.

I can't imaging Valve wanting to develop any new game tech to use on what has become the longest-running joke in gaming history.

True.. living up to the hype would be VERY tough.. but still, it has so much exposure already.. I dunno.. was just shooting from the hip when I wrote that.. I am sure the reality is more complicated.

This won't be released for at least another 5 year since it probably has to be entirely recode to be played in 3D!! Starting to think the only guy able to ever finish this project is Steve Jobs.. you know with his magical unicorn programmers and Jony Ive.. they can do anything!!

duke-nukem.jpg

Whatever happens... I hope they remake the LA Rumble map. Jetpacks + tripwires = :D:D:D

I don't care about the Duke Nukem franchise, but if it's a good name it's a good game. Still would prefer Portal 2 but that looks like it's being delayed.

Didn't Valve clearly state somewhere that their surprise is nothing of a Duke Nukem sort and that Portal is delayed? Or maybe that was a hoax?

Wait, if they'll release DNF, then won't they have to make a sequel afterwards? I wonder how long that'll take?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Just in time for the surprise Valve announcement!! ;)

The surprise is that Portal 2 is delayed.

Typical Valve humor. Has nothing to do with DNF, the timing is just a coincidence.

The surprise is that Portal 2 is delayed.

Typical Valve humor. Has nothing to do with DNF, the timing is just a coincidence.

Actually think about it, Valve says they are delaying Portal 2 because they say it take time to make a good game. Does that sound like the old party line for DNF? Still think its some kind of joke and we won't see DNF in our life time.

Back