Duke Nukem Forever Gone Gold

Why would it be antiquated? It's the term used when a game has finished development and is off to get ready for retail. It's used all the time, you just have to actually pay attention to game news.

I do pay attention to game news. There was a gonegold.com site once upon a time that did nothing but track PC gaming releases. It just sounds antiquated code-speak in the post-Steam world. Gold mastered optical media *is* antiquated in the age of digital distribution.

I do pay attention to game news. There was a gonegold.com site once upon a time that did nothing but track PC gaming releases. It just sounds antiquated code-speak in the post-Steam world. Gold mastered optical media *is* antiquated in the age of digital distribution.

It still works. Retail sales are still incredibly important. It won't be the age of digital distribution until retail sales don't really matter much. Even then the term will still work, to a point.

So hell truly did freeze over then.

I'm actually going to have to think on if I want a copy of this. I just have this gut feeling it's going to really suck..but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

So hell truly did freeze over then.

I'm actually going to have to think on if I want a copy of this. I just have this gut feeling it's going to really suck..but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

It should be a decent action brawl at the very least. Graphics and gameplay look pretty appealing from what we've seen so far. Here's to hoping!

Getting this, brings back a lot of great LAN memories. For instance not having to aim up or down.. ;)

If you have borderlands at all, check to see if you have early access cd key (for early demo access). It doesn't have to be GOTY version, my pre-order borderlands was converted to GOTY with the early access cd key around the time the GOTY version came out.

One of my fondest memories of gaming was when Duke said "I'll rip your head off and shit down your neck"... and then did exactly what he said he was going to do. I pre-ordered the Balls of Steel edition, so to Randy P, in true Duke Nukem fashion - you can even read this in Duke's voice if you like - I'll say this:

If this game doesn't kick a ludicrous amount of ass I'll take that bust of Duke and cram it up yours!

But don't worry about your ass, Randy. I always bet on Duke, even if it has been 12 f*!@in' years. :D

Still have my CD of Duke 3D around somewhere, it was a fun break from the endless hours of Quake and Warcraft 2 way back in the last millennium. I'll be waiting to see if HardOCP reviews it and then I'll decide whether to purchase. Crossing my fingers that it's mind blowing, yet keeping in mind that Duke 3D sold well because it was one of the first network supporting games and one of the few first person shooters available at the time.

I have very fond memories when my dad let me download the shareware and I had my first dose of strippers. I thank my father every day I get a chance too.

Duke Nukem 3D. Teaching kids it's right to enjoy a nice stripper or two. Oh and shoot pig aliens.

I will be getting this game.

Godamnit!! Does this mean the only one the only dead horse of the annual Vapor-ware list will be Phantom????

SHIT! :(

12 years ago I was excited.
10 years ago I was excited and concerned
8 years ago I gave up
6 years ago I forgot all about it
4 years ago I just didn’t care
2 years ago I will see it.. when I see it
Now?.. yeah I’m excited :D

"But the money was finally running out. Broussard and Miller had spent some $20 million of their own cash on Duke Nukem Forever — and their current development team would likely burn through another several million dollars a year. Miller and Broussard were forced to break their cardinal rule: They went to Take-Two with hat in hand, asking for $6 million to help finish the game."

Gosh if you have 20 million to throw around, why would you even bother working?

Still dunno wether to buy it for PC or 360. Yes, im being serious, so shut up PC snobs.

I would say PC, just because of modding, but at least with the 360 you dont have to worry about performance. All arguments aside i.e. dx11 and what not, i think all platforms will be good.
Mods can bring new life to a game, so choose wisely :)

The PC version comes in CD format with a scratch on both the inner and outter rings preventing any installs.

This is not Duke Nukem by Apogee/3D Realms. Gearbox bought the rights to it just last year so I am expecting a quick and dirty version and nothing great.

This is not Duke Nukem by Apogee/3D Realms. Gearbox bought the rights to it just last year so I am expecting a quick and dirty version and nothing great.

Why would it be quick and dirty? They took the work 3D Realms had and finished the game. It's not like they started over.

I don't take any of this seriously until I get a boxed or steam copy of the game in my hands and I am playing it for real.

Gone gold? How in the hell will my player read a gold DVD? :confused:

:p :D

Very excited about DNF. First day purchase. :)

Why would it be quick and dirty? They took the work 3D Realms had and finished the game. It's not like they started over.

How much work is was done on it when they took over? I'll wait for the reviews first of course but it could still be good I suppose.

How much work is was done on it when they took over? I'll wait for the reviews first of course but it could still be good I suppose.

I think they said something like 70-80% was done when they picked bought it. So not a lot of work to do for them.

I for one, has to be play the demo first. I can see this game disappointing many.

Back