Duke Nukem Forever Demo Released

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Since its last false start on May 3rd, maybe the developers aren’t really going to release anything other than Duke Nukem Trailers and Demos Forever. :D It’s getting close to the wire again and the next release date is rapidly approaching, if you can call 14 years rapid. Look for the release to take place on June 14th and cross your fingers. ;) The video may not be work safe for some prudish office environments.

I thought this posting was for the people who didn't buy Borderlands GOTY or Duke preorder. The demo was released at midnight on June 3rd.

Back in my day, demos were to promote games to people that didn't already buy them... :rolleyes:

The demo of the Duke in action was made available to fans who pre-ordered the game, as well as gamers who picked up the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition

This better mean that pre-orderers and Borderlands GotY buyers can play the demo now and everyone else can try it after DNF launches or else it makes no fucking sense. Why would DNF buyers want to demo something they already have?!

This better mean that pre-orderers and Borderlands GotY buyers can play the demo now and everyone else can try it after DNF launches or else it makes no fucking sense. Why would DNF buyers want to demo something they already have?!
I don't think it makes sense to tell people to buy Borderlands GotY and then offer the demo with the pre-order. I wasted 7.50 on on that crap Borderlands only to find out I could have went the no risk route with the Duke pre-order.

Well, I bought the Borderlands GOTY, so I've played the demo. I enjoyed it, and now I will be purchasing the game.

got gifted the game on steam played the demo i think it was the right way to do it to show that hey the game exists and its a god damn blast to play finally a single player game worth a damn!!!!

Well, I bought the Borderlands GOTY, so I've played the demo. I enjoyed it, and now I will be purchasing the game.

Strange. I've got Borderlands GOTY and have no option to get the demo.

I got the Demo but don't have Borderlands GOTY edition or pre-ordered Duke.
Don't remember how I got into the Duke First look thing.

I don't think it makes sense to tell people to buy Borderlands GotY and then offer the demo with the pre-order. I wasted 7.50 on on that crap Borderlands only to find out I could have went the no risk route with the Duke pre-order.
No way, Borderlands was cool!

"You want it. You need it" Uh, keep trying because I don't.
Also, what is with all the censorship when they say "We're fucking bringing it." ?

Strange. I've got Borderlands GOTY and have no option to get the demo.

Follow the directions here. I just had a regular copy of Borderlands (not the GOTY) and still had a code for it.

I just played through the demo. It only took like 15 mins to beat, but it was entertaining enough. Totally mindless (though it had a HL2 type physics "puzzle" in it) and definitely not worth $50+, IMO, but I'll definitely get it on its first Steam sale at < $30.

This vacuum really really works. What? Demonstrate it for you to prove it? Sure, I can do that, after you pay me to buy it.

Man, you guys really will whine about anything and everything in PC gaming. The demo will be available after the game is released, free of charge.

Also, thread title is misleading, I thought I would be able to download it.

Pre-order the game on Amazon.
Get email.
Register on the DukeNukem web site.
Get code.
Use code on Steam to D/L the demo.

Play demo and unfortunately realize the game is a POS.......honestly, the demo is crap. I HOPE the game is better.

Go back to Amazon and cancel your preorder.:eek:

Man, you guys really will whine about anything and everything in PC gaming. The demo will be available after the game is released, free of charge.

Also, thread title is misleading, I thought I would be able to download it.

Someone in the DNF development team tell you this?

I got Borderlands GOTY Edition where is the demo?????????? for Duke????? Ive got steam to im confused :confused:

got gifted the game on steam played the demo i think it was the right way to do it to show that hey the game exists and its a god damn blast to play finally a single player game worth a damn!!!!

^^ I wish this had been my reaction.

reading this gave me a headache

Can I have some of your koolaid?

Well the demo proofs its real, but is so so. The humor is great and it feels like when I last played Duke Nukem 3D, but with an infusion of Borderlands (regenerating health, weapons limit and awkward vehicle controls). Game freak 'en comes out the day summer semester starts, those bastards!

"You want it. You need it" Uh, keep trying because I don't.
Also, what is with all the censorship when they say "We're fucking bringing it." ?
Um duh, nudity and/or sex is taboo, while as cursing and violence/ball busting is perfectly fine.

It's odd..and totally reversed, but at least we're desensitized to something in this world.

Pre-order the game on Amazon.
Get email.
Register on the DukeNukem web site.
Get code.
Use code on Steam to D/L the demo.

Play demo and unfortunately realize the game is a POS.......honestly, the demo is crap. I HOPE the game is better.

Go back to Amazon and cancel your preorder.:eek:

I agree with you completely, but I'm scratching my head too. How can you HOPE the game is better?

12 years in development and we should be hoping they are showing of an earlier build in the demo or something? Or somehow more polish was applied since the demo code was finalized? Or that the demo showed the most boring parts of the game? Somehow I don't think so at all.

This game will most likely be a disaster. The only thing that will keep it from completely failing is the nostalgia.

I agree with you completely, but I'm scratching my head too. How can you HOPE the game is better?

12 years in development and we should be hoping they are showing of an earlier build in the demo or something? Or somehow more polish was applied since the demo code was finalized? Or that the demo showed the most boring parts of the game? Somehow I don't think so at all.

This game will most likely be a disaster. The only thing that will keep it from completely failing is the nostalgia.

Daikitana all over again?

http://www.plughead.net/impressions-duke-nukem-demo

What if I told you that it was just the brief pre-alpha taster demo that Gearbox allowed the public to play at PAX for the game’s re-reveal, that me and Dave had played last October, that was fully complete and ready to go last year but for some inexplicable reason Gearbox/2K held it off until the week before Duke Nukem Forever itself made it irrelevant and badly out-of-date?

Interesting ...

Interesting ...

Posted too soon. That's an interesting read, it seems that it is the pre-Alpha build so the demo may not represent the final product at all (lol, makes me think of stuff the marketing team on Dilbert would do). This tells me that A) they are lazy and just didn't care about all the people that jumped on the Borderlands hype over the demo. Or that they haven't made much improvement to the game ..

Maybe no one agrees, but I think anything to do with this day late dollar short shit should fuck off, and kill itself. That is as nice as I could put it, I hope a lot of people feel the same way as I do. Maybe we just need a mod for ANY game out on PC now with some titties and we will be satisfied?

So it's true that it's a console only demo ported to PC? Not even a mouse pointer on the main menu?

Well the demo proofs its real, but is so so. The humor is great and it feels like when I last played Duke Nukem 3D, but with an infusion of Borderlands (regenerating health, weapons limit and awkward vehicle controls). Game freak 'en comes out the day summer semester starts, those bastards!
Let's be honest here; Borderlands has better vehicle controls than the DNF demo.

Borderlands uses WS for acceleration/braking with the mouse to steer, while DNF uses all of WASD for all vehicle control (plus the spacebar for tight turning) with mouselook.

12 years in development and we should be hoping they are showing of an earlier build in the demo or something?

12 years? It was flushed years ago when Apogee went tits up.

Gearbox has only been working on this for about two years, give or take, though I'm sure they salvaged some art assets from Apogee, along with the Duke backstory.

The demo can be downloaded by everybody if you look in the right websites. I've played it even though I didnt get BiorderLands or pre order Duke. The humour in the demo is great and I will definately buy it on friday (I live in Ireland BTW)

Back