Duke Nukem "Balls of Steel" edition PC $20 off on Amazon, YMMV

goud

Limp Gawd
Ok, this is a little weird but I saw the "Balls of Steel" edition of Duke was available for pre-order, being a fan I went to amazon today and bought it and when I went to checkout there was a $20 promotional credit reducing price from $89 to $69, no explanation, YMMV.

no go here.

are you sure you didn't have a 20 dollar promo from another pre order?

I don't know, I received order confirmation and it shows a $20 promo credit???

Subtotal of Items: $89.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
------
Total for this Order: $69.99

That is pretty much 100% guaranteed money from something before. If there was some sort of promotion for the game itself it would be on the game page just like all other promotions from amazon.

lol amazon needs to start labeling what your promotions are from. these threads pop up all the time on slickdeals and its embarrassing

They could have done something really cool here like including a set of brass balls (it's not like they didn't have enough time to think about it), but most of it looks like tired crap.

Are you sure you just didn't already have that Amazon gift card $20 for $10 deal already applied?

I don't know, I received order confirmation and it shows a $20 promo credit???

Subtotal of Items: $89.99
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
------
Total for this Order: $69.99

That looks like you had a previous (preorder/game) credit that was applied at checkout.

Not a credit for DNF. :(

Are you sure you just didn't already have that Amazon gift card $20 for $10 deal already applied?

Gift cards show up like this,

Items: $89.99

Total Before Tax: $89.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Total: $89.99
Gift Certificate/Card: -$29.99
Order Total: $60.00

the only thing in the special edition that looks interesting is the legacy artwork book. I got a behind closed doors demo of DNF like 100 years ago at E3 when it was running on the quake 2 engine. I'd love to see how the art and design have evolved over those 100 years.

Most likely you simply pre ordered some other game from amazon a while back with a 20$ credit and forgot about it.

too bad we can't thumbs down threads like on slickdeals. this would be 5 td for sure :p

I'm gonna pass on playing with Duke's Balls. Instead I'll wait until there is a misprint in a store ad and then take to another store for a pricematch like I did with the last 2 COD titles.

BTW, How the hell is this a HOT DEAL??????????????????????

I will buy this so that in 20 years when my grand kids ask me.. "Grandpa, who is that man?" I will tell them the greatest story of the greatest video game character of all time. And they will ask "Will they make another one?" and I'll look at them and say.. "They already started on it.. 18 years ago.".

I went ahead and preordered because I think this will actually be a fun game.

No discount but still worth it.

It'll look good next to the Halo 3 cat helmet I got for $30 (new)

I will buy this so that in 20 years when my grand kids ask me.. "Grandpa, who is that man?" I will tell them the greatest story of the greatest video game character of all time. And they will ask "Will they make another one?" and I'll look at them and say.. "They already started on it.. 18 years ago.".

I lol'd

Anyone know what kind of DRM this game is going to have? Probably the same as Borderlands GOTY.

Holy shit, it's coming out now?! Whoa finally. It's been what.. 10 years since this was supposed to come out :D, they must have put every pixel of detail for it to take this long eh? :p

About F#$*!KING TIME! Woot!

Where have you been? :rolleyes:

Anyone else have a problem seeing BoS edition for PC? I checked back when this was first posted and again today but each time it says "Balls of Steel Edition Not Available for platform: PC"

It's available for PS3... but I don't think even Duke BoS Edition can save PS3. :D

Holy shit, it's coming out now?! Whoa finally. It's been what.. 10 years since this was supposed to come out :D, they must have put every pixel of detail for it to take this long eh? :p

About F#$*!KING TIME! Woot!

They took pre orders for it 10 years ago too. I remember PC gamer publishing a picture of a readers original receipt for the Babbage's preorder a year or 2 ago. Said if the game every came out they would purchase him a copy lol.

Anyone else have a problem seeing BoS edition for PC? I checked back when this was first posted and again today but each time it says "Balls of Steel Edition Not Available for platform: PC"

It's available for PS3... but I don't think even Duke BoS Edition can save PS3. :D

I saw that today too. Was looking for the Balls of Steel edition for PC but it said it was unavailable. Maybe they just ran out of pre-orders?

Probably because you will have to have balls of steel to order that game in the first place.

I just can't believe that the goodies don't include two metal balls for exercising your hands.

I was gonna get the BoS edition but I already have so much crap like this... just seems like stuff I will look at once and then stash away for the rest of it's life. I dunno... but it is Duke swag... pretty cool I guess.. I'm mostly just eager for the game itself. :)

I'm fine with my awesome Duke 3d statue.

Prolly have bit on this though if amazon didn't sell out, got a gc to use.

My Duke bust is going in the bathroom on the shitter. Duke's got my back.

too bad we can't thumbs down threads like on slickdeals. this would be 5 td for sure :p

I sure hope [H] doesn't turn into anything like slickdeals. Really hate seeing those posts about planning to flip a purchase(more like 5/10 of the same thing) on ebay.

I can just see it now. The midnight release party at the local mall, where bright-eyed and bloodthirsty youngsters who weren't even in preschool when my 16 year old self was flogging the ever-loving shit out of the family computer with Duke 3D.

On the cusp of 31 now, I'll be right there in line with them. So many memories will be shared.

Because Duke Nukem taught Chuck Norris how to kick ass.

Back