Duke Nuke Em Demo

I found it be outdated and expected a much faster paced game.

LOL @ people trying rationalize why someone should or shouldnt buy a game.

people are just going to buy them because they want to and everyone's definition of fun is different.

man you fuckers are batshit crazy sometimes.

I agree with this too. What is a fun game?
All games are made to be fun so, saying it's a fun game really doesn't describe the game itself.

I bought the DLCs separate from Borderlands. Wouldn't I still qualify for the demo?

I never bought the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands but I did buy all the DLC over the last year. I checked my CD Keys and I did have the DNF Demo code.

I downloaded it and played and though on hard and it was fun. Yes, the graphics look about 4-5 years old and yes, the game play is like 10 years ago, but it was still fun.

Duke's one-liners are still awsome after all these years (or maybe I'm just a way too juvenile 40 year old :)

Anyway, I'll play it when its released. I don't in anyway regret my purchasing decision.

Duke has always been about "fun" as opposed to ID games which are more about balance & adrenaline.

I had fun playing Quake & what not, but it's "fun" factor couldn't match Duke. I did end up playing Quake & various mods far longer than Duke though.

Duke has always been about "fun" as opposed to ID games which are more about balance & adrenaline.

I had fun playing Quake & what not, but it's "fun" factor couldn't match Duke. I did end up playing Quake & various mods far longer than Duke though.

This demo wasn't fun to me.

YMMV

Its duke just enjoy it for what it is

Not much if this demo is anything to go by.

I bought the DLCs separate from Borderlands. Wouldn't I still qualify for the demo?

Yes. As far as I know you just need the base game and at least 1 DLC. One of my LAN accounts has the base game and dr. ned and that has the code.

I've got the base game and all 4 DLCs. Duke Nukem Demo code isn't showing-up. :(

Yes. As far as I know you just need the base game and at least 1 DLC. One of my LAN accounts has the base game and dr. ned and that has the code.

After Borderlands and now this, I probably won't buy another Gearbox game again. The one word to describe them is mediocre.

A friend with the same configuration (base+ned) doen't have it. So, is the game installed/downloaded?

late to the game here, played the demo on pc.(all of this is just my opinion)
not impressed at all. taking my nostalgia goggles off for a second.
I wanted to go hey "gearbox was behind this, and they made a great game(that is borderlands). so i went into this thinking good things. What i ran into was, graphics that were merely ok, controls was a little loose, 2 gun limit...why , were talking about it being duke. Well duke was able to carry X amount of guns.
The small amount of humor was kinda funny.
big redeeming factor is its supposidly the original voice actor of duke.just because you put the duke haircut on a model. does not suddenly live up to the hype. for me that is

Well after reading previews I knew what I was getting into and it was what I expected this game to be. If this game is going all out old school so be it! The only problem is if the design was to give an all out old school feel then why the regenerated health and weapon limits? Other than that if you expect the game to play more like Duke Nukem 3D then you'll be happy like I am, if you expect to play a modern FPS then you'll be extremely disappointed. There really is no middle ground for this game you'll either enjoy the old school feel or hate it.

Here's a suggestion to all who's on the fence about whether to get the game or not, this game will have killer deals this winter if you can hold off that long. Also, there will likely be many mods made for this game and by this winter you should expect to be able to play with better graphics and with many gameplay enhancements to fit your play style. Wait for awhile and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded at the end of the day.

Well after reading previews I knew what I was getting into and it was what I expected this game to be. If this game is going all out old school so be it! The only problem is if the design was to give an all out old school feel then why the regenerated health and weapon limits? Other than that if you expect the game to play more like Duke Nukem 3D then you'll be happy like I am, if you expect to play a modern FPS then you'll be extremely disappointed. There really is no middle ground for this game you'll either enjoy the old school feel or hate it.

It can salute old school and not suck.

Here's a suggestion to all who's on the fence about whether to get the game or not, this game will have killer deals this winter if you can hold off that long. Also, there will likely be many mods made for this game and by this winter you should expect to be able to play with better graphics and with many gameplay enhancements to fit your play style. Wait for awhile and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded at the end of the day.

If people aren't married to Steam only come hell or high water, they won't be waiting long at all. (PC version at least.)

I got my First Access codes, and I only had the base Borderlands game.

Demo kinda ran like shit for me (HD 5850, PII 965 stock, 12 GB DDR3 1333) at max settings... though I might have forgotten to turn off forced max AA in CatalystCC, and like most guys could not resist drawing a huge veiny penis. I'm not going to buy it day 1, but as long as there are little things all over the game like the picking up poo, drawing, etc, I see it as a fun juvenile time killer.

Thinking about preordering.........

Only if you loved the demo.

Otherwise you gain nothing bhy preordering. If you have any doubts, all you have to do is even wait a few days after the thing streets and watch the user feedback on the full game around here for starters and I think that'll tell the tale. :)

I got my First Access codes, and I only had the base Borderlands game.

Demo kinda ran like shit for me (HD 5850, PII 965 stock, 12 GB DDR3 1333) at max settings... though I might have forgotten to turn off forced max AA in CatalystCC, and like most guys could not resist drawing a huge veiny penis. I'm not going to buy it day 1, but as long as there are little things all over the game like the picking up poo, drawing, etc, I see it as a fun juvenile time killer.

If the game runs like shit then turn the graphic settings down. Its a trick I picked up when gtaiv was running like shit for me.

Only if you loved the demo.

Otherwise you gain nothing bhy preordering. If you have any doubts, all you have to do is even wait a few days after the thing streets and watch the user feedback on the full game around here for starters and I think that'll tell the tale. :)

I didn't get to play the demo, don't know if I can play it if I preorder now. I'm planning on buying it anyways because it's Duke Nukem. Summer just started for the students at my school though so this week might be my last paycheck from them till I find a job for the summer.

If the game runs like shit then turn the graphic settings down. Its a trick I picked up when gtaiv was running like shit for me.

Posted that at work. Home now, and I did indeed force super sampling AA on plus edge detect for reasons forgotten. Obviously was not thinking at the time, runs smoothly now.

Ouch :confused: Total Biscuit totally tanks this game, said no way is it even close to worth full price, he said it really is sad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86vWgaLuwE"]YouTube - ‪Duke Nukem Forever : 5 hours in, detailed thoughts‬‏[/ame]

Total Biscuit is annoying...anyway, back to reality...

Don't let the demo fool you, it does NOT represent the full game's qualities.

DukeForever-2011-06-11-00-13-17-94.jpg

"Armour is for *******"

Bwahaha, no guesses on what that's referring to :p

Enjoying the game a lot so far. You can certainly tell it's an old skool focused game. the pacing is fast and the way you reload the shotgun but can immediately melee a pig or fire a quick blast in an instant is retro, it's pure Duke.

Also, just seen an NPC called Leeroy, no guesses on what he does

Love it!

Nay sayers can blow it out of their ass!

A short video of one boss I fought:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1aBfmfiyk"]YouTube - ‪Duke Nukem Forever PC 1080p - Right IN the Jewels! - Watch til the end :p‬‏[/ame]

Back