Duel monitors and game set-up advice needed

CyberSlave

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Compaq MV940 19"CRT. Great monitor, never had an issues with it.
A while back I found outside (at the GF's apt.) a KDS RAD-5 sitting outside under a tree. I took it, since nobody lived near here at the time and I knew no one was moving in.

anyway, It's not the best for games as it ghosts at times (sporatic). What I am wanting to do is set th eLCD as my desktop viewer and configure the CRT for my games. How can I go about this?

Although I see an ATi video card in your signature, this recommendation might help those with Nvidia cards who stumble across this thread.

nView, which is included with the Nvidia drivers, is a very nice multi-monitor suite. I can't compare it to the paid version of Ultramon (since I don't want to pay for it), but compared to the trial version, it performs just as well. And since it's written into the Nvidia drivers, there are little things it does to help performance in gaming, such as disabling the wallpaper during certain games and such.

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying that, but from my usage, I stand behind it. Worse thing you could do it try it for yourself.

I don't know if ATi has a similar built in tool for multi monitors.

Ludic said:
Although I see an ATi video card in your signature, this recommendation might help those with Nvidia cards who stumble across this thread.

nView, which is included with the Nvidia drivers, is a very nice multi-monitor suite. I can't compare it to the paid version of Ultramon (since I don't want to pay for it), but compared to the trial version, it performs just as well. And since it's written into the Nvidia drivers, there are little things it does to help performance in gaming, such as disabling the wallpaper during certain games and such.

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying that, but from my usage, I stand behind it. Worse thing you could do it try it for yourself.

I don't know if ATi has a similar built in tool for multi monitors.

I acctualy have a 6600.
got a new board and vid card since my Antect shorted and fried my stuff.

so I just set the CRT as my primary, LCD as secondary, and just move everything around on the desktop to match?

CyberSlave said:
I acctualy have a 6600.
got a new board and vid card since my Antect shorted and fried my stuff.

so I just set the CRT as my primary, LCD as secondary, and just move everything around on the desktop to match?

Yup. By default, programs will open on the primary monitor (CRT). However, Ultramon saves window positions, so if you drag your browser window over to your secondary monitor, it will open there next time.

rhouck said:
Yup. By default, programs will open on the primary monitor (CRT). However, Ultramon saves window positions, so if you drag your browser window over to your secondary monitor, it will open there next time.

Same with nView.

Back