Dude Turns iPhone 7 Into An iPhone 5

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want a new iPhone but you hate the design? Do you have access to a huge saw and a belt sander? Then do what this guy did and mod your iPhone 7 into an iPhone 5. To be honest, I like the look of this guy's phone better than the original. ;)

I'll pay that guy to do that to my iPhone 7 if I ever decide to get one.

Iphone 5 is still the best design IMO, the flat edges fit perfectly in your palm and you could give it a death drip without it slipping out like the round edges of the 6/7. If they could just make the next iphone the shape of the 5 but the size of the 7 then it would be perfect, like this guy did.

I'm impressed with how well it turned out.

I just hope he doesn't need any work done under warranty.

For the record, I think the iphone 4 looked the coolest. It was like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

I loved my iPhone 4. I used that thing for 5 years until finally I couldn't get anymore iOS updates and my apps stopped working. I finally had to break down and get a 6s. :cry:

A lot of work for minor changes. I love my s7 edge, never thought i would like a phone more than my old LG G2, but the edge is my favorite phone.

If you still have the 4, switch to the 5, youll see how great the speed is, youll be like wow, I can now play my games with no lag. Why would you want to do what this guy did, the round edge is nicer. I like the 7, cant wait to get one.

I have the SE, but the 4/4S phone form factor/size was the best. I want my phones smaller, not bigger!

I liked the design of the 4/4s best, but as far as size is concerned, I like the Plus and since my phone is always in a spiegen kickstand case, those edges don't matter very much.

Galaxy S7 FTW.
Best phone I've had so far.
No apple for me.

Anyway, why saw up your phone? Because you can???

If you still have the 4, switch to the 5, youll see how great the speed is, youll be like wow, I can now play my games with no lag. Why would you want to do what this guy did, the round edge is nicer. I like the 7, cant wait to get one.

B'aaaaaaaaah. B'aaaaaaaaaah

I personally think it looks like shit, see all the saw marks even after the sanding? Now if it was professionally cut like that and retained the water resistance then I think it would be pretty cool. But it looks like just a hack job to me.

I agree it looks rough.. spend some time making a cool mad max case for it instead and leave it warranty intact.

interesting. I did something very similar with my iphone 4. I got tiered of the back breaking so i tor the back off and attached a piece of lexan to the back to make the lexan the right size i took my belt sander al the way around the phone giving it that same brushed metal look and feel. I would upload some pics but sadly that phone was stolen :( I dont think the person in the video did a very good gob though. It looks better with vertical lines and a finer grit sand paper and you can clearly see where he used the saw vs where he sanded it a bit more through on the sanding would be nice

Back