Ducky Shine 4 anyone?

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Looks like the rotary knob got axed...thankfully.

Anyone have any experience with the new Shine 4?

Couple of questions:
1. Says it's dual color LED - Are all DS4's Blue/Red dual? (mechanicalkeyboards.com lists them as blue, and I hate blue LED)
2. How's the general build quality?
3. Do all the stated LED/Backlighting Effects work as advertised? (unlike the Corsair RGB, unfortunately)

No experience with the DS4, so I'll just interject random stuff.

I currently have a DS3, was the rotary knob just a concept/idea? I don't have one on my DS3 or DS2. All of the LED backlighting effects work as advertised on mine (though I just keep it in "on" mode). The keypress ghost/raindrop effect in the DS3 was improved quite a bit over the DS2 (has a delay, now).

I wish my DSes had a "menu" key (or the dropdown menu key [option key in macs, I think?]). It's sort of like a right click button.

Build quality of both are better than my old Blackwidow Ultimate (from a long time ago). I don't know how that stands up to any other mechanical KBs (this was a while back, when Razer seemed to be the only major/mainstream manuf marketing mechanical KBs with backlights).

Looks like they listened to the complaints and got rid of those knobs for the DS4. It would be good if they released some actual software for their keyboards instead of relying on key input commands. They work well enough, I suppose, but it would we a welcome feature, especially with trying to set up RB lighting. Getting the spacebar right on my DS3 is a bit of a chore.

OP, you can find some information on this thread over at GH. Other than that, there is not much insight available at this present time.

Looks like they listened to the complaints and got rid of those knobs for the DS4. It would be good if they released some actual software for their keyboards instead of relying on key input commands. They work well enough, I suppose, but it would we a welcome feature, especially with trying to set up RB lighting. Getting the spacebar right on my DS3 is a bit of a chore.
The less bloatware, the better, IMO.

Back