polonyc2

Fully [H]
-Attaches to any DualShock controller
-2 programmable back buttons
-Map to 16 different functions
-OLED Screen (acts as a button)
-Releases January 23rd 2020
-$29.99

I saw this and thought it looked cool, but I have no real use for it, as I try to stick to PC for faster paced FPS and third person games where this would probably be most useful and geared towards. Although Also, maybe it could be useful for some games like Horizon Zero Dawn with its awkward item scrolling on the d-pad while in mid-fight, or in God of War for some otherwise awkward attach combos to pull off. I would hope it has its own battery pack for additional capacity on the controller since the Dual Shock 4's battery is on the weaker side as it is. At least I've seen several people complain about it, but mine has always seemed to last the 6-8 hours it needs to last for the few times I've played that long at once.

I'm more interested in next Gen controllers the paddles suck on the X-BONE elite I lost one of them.
So I just keep them off I used it for a while for sliding in COD but it wasn't very practical for people who played Bumper Jumper all day.

Trying to put out something functionally similar to the Elite controller, it would seem. No need for it here but, if you really need two more buttons, I guess...?

As if the battery capacity on the DS4's is bad on just the OEM controller, can't imagine putting this on it. Typical shit move from a "me-too" knee jerk response to the elite controller and its customizability.

As if the battery capacity on the DS4's is bad on just the OEM controller, can't imagine putting this on it. Typical shit move from a "me-too" knee jerk response to the elite controller and its customizability.
It’s 4 fucking years later. It’s far from a knee jerk response. I’m not saying it’s a good response but 4 years is not exactly knee jerk turn around time for what is frankly a niche item marketed to pro competitive type gamers.

That said, a theory behind the attachment is the PS5 controller may have these built in, and this attachment could possibly give a semblance of backwards compatibility of PS4 controllers with the PS5 and it’s games. In which case this goofy unnecessary cheap little dongle almost could make sense if you do lots of couch co-op.

DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment review: A clever counter to Microsoft's Elite Series 2 controller

We have to conclude that Sony's Back Button Attachment is a worthy upgrade for DualShock 4 owners, whether you're playing on PlayStation, PC or elsewhere...the idea of providing the single most essential piece of a premium controller at a relatively low cost is a great one, and the sheer utility this adds to a wide range of games across multiple platforms is hard to overstate...that premise could have been squandered in the implementation, but the Attachment's convenient positioning and easy programming ensure it feels like a natural piece of the controller rather than a last minute add-on...

Our only major complaint is that the Back Button Attachment comes so late in the life cycle of the PlayStation 4, on the eve of the PlayStation 5...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ever-counter-to-microsofts-elite-2-controller

Last edited:
_default%2Fsony-dualshock-4-back-button-attachment.jpg

at first glance I thought it was one of these fuckin things...

5a0b123a35876e5b758b5763?width=480.png

Back