Dualbooting (not what you think...)

diablo111

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm dualbooting Windows XP Pro

win642.jpg

win64.jpg

I found 64bit nvidia drivers and 64bit drivers for my Soundblaster Live! Value

My only problem is with the via 4in1's...I downloaded the package specifically for my K8T800 chipset and I get an error saying that the specified hardware can't be found...any ideas?

Also, windows update keeps telling my I need to be logged in as administrator for it to work. I am logged in as admin AND I chose RUN AS, then used the admin account...weird...but I guess that's why it's a beta :)

Cool! :cool:
I downloaded 64 off MSDN... I just don't have an Athlon or Itanium :(
Is minesweeper any faster :p

Cool, I tested the work that went into SP2 and Server SP1 for dual boot of x64 and x86 to work. Glad it worked in the field. ;)

One of my friends somehow got that and wants to get rid of it cuz he is dualbooting the same OS (XP Home). How does he get rid of one? :confused:
Thanks!

Which did you install first ? I tried to dual boot and had absolutely no luck.

I installed XP Pro first. Then installed XP x64 2nd on another HDD (primary slave)...the x64 recognized that XP Pro was present and included it in the boot loader.

If you use a slipstream CD of XP with SP2, it won't matter which you install first. If you use a version of XP before SP2 (Sp1, SP1a, Gold) you will have to install the XP first, and then the x64 version.

Back