Dual WAN, with Dual LAN on a Virtual Machine

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
Here is how I would like my setup to look. I am using Clark Connect Home Edition (free) under VMware.

eth0 (Wan1)
eth1 (Wan2)
eth2 (Lan1) Virtual Machine Virtual Adapter (Host Only)
eth3 (Lan2) Virtual Machine Physical Adapter (NAT) (DHCP)

This way, Lan1 will be a strictly virtual LAN and will use a virtual switch inside the virtual machine to bridge to a physical adapter on the server so the host computer can use the VM as the firewall.

Then the firewall will also send traffic from both WAN ports to a second LAN that will use a physical NIC on the server to send to a switch or other device on the network to provide internet to other machines.

I would also want the host machine (virtual adapter) to have access to both WAN ports.

Other than installing both the dual WAN and hot lan modules that clark connect has, does anyone forsee any problems with this setup?

If your host is a Windows machine, make sure to disable TCP/IP, File and Print Sharing, and the Microsoft Client on the WAN interfaces.

MorfiusX said:
If your host is a Windows machine, make sure to disable TCP/IP, File and Print Sharing, and the Microsoft Client on the WAN interfaces.
that part is simple.

It's getting both Lan1 and Lan2 to be able to use both WAN ports at the same time.

Back