Dual Sense charging, how to stop?

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
Is there a way to plug dualsense 5 to pc without being charged, just plugged in, or if there is a software to enable/disable charging function, to keep battery healthy, as plugging it, for charging, for too long, can decrease battery lifespan thank you! Mina

only way i can think of, and it might not work, is to mod a cable to only have the data wires connected. or you could use bluetooth instead.

I could all wrong but that feel like a 90s concern, I could be naive but I would just assume very expensive serious of the best big company like Sony controller would handle all of that perfectly with no danger to overcharge the battery, that it would stop asking for current if it does not want it.

I have charged a smartphone-ipod on completely software less charger (in cars, usb to current adapter) for almost a decade now same for game controller, sometime plug for who nows how many days in a row, modern battery-charging system on that type of device got really impressive.

Last edited:
I could all wrong but that feel like a 90s concern, I could be naive but I would just assume very expensive serious of the best big company like Sony controller would handle all of that perfectly with no danger to overcharge the battery, that it would stop asking for current if it does not want it.
that battery will probably outlast the controller.

I have charged a smartphone-ipod on completely software less charger (in cars, usb to current adapter) for almost a decade now same for game controller, sometime plug for who nows how many days in a row, modern battery-charging system on that type of device got really impressive.
It happened with my old DS4. The main IC was fried, overcharging is the reason.

All Lithium batteries have this issue, even the ones from the 2010s.

All Lithium batteries have this issue, even the ones from the 2010s.
Well, the issue is the DS4, it was not the battery that was faulty, the main board was damaged, reason as I understood, high charge in-take, AFAIK.

Well, the issue is the DS4, it was not the battery that was faulty, the main board was damaged, reason as I understood, high charge in-take, AFAIK.

I wasn't trying to imply that the battery was faulty sorry. What I meant is it's bad for lithium batteries for them to stay topped off at a 100% charge at all times. On a real PlayStation, the USB ports that charge the controller eventually turn off and allow the battery in the controller to rest. This isn't the case with a motherboard supplied USB port unless you turn the power switch off on the back of the computer which I don't think most folks do after they shut it down.

Back