Dual screens and fullscreen

I have a tube 27 inch tv hooked up to my ati 4870 and a lg 24 inch as my primary monitor with windows 7.
When I'm surfing the web and put a internet explorer window with a video playing in fullscreen on my tube tv and go back to my primary monitor the video on the tube tv screen comes out of fullscreen. I was just woundering if there's a way to lock that video in fullscreen with internet explorer so I can still browse the internet and still watch fullscreen on the tube tv. thx

I found this (I hate this 'feature' as well):
http://my.opera.com/d.i.z./blog/2009/04/22/watch-fullscreen-flash-while-working-on-another-screen

Hex patched .dll for the latest flash plug-in. Only one byte difference (compare with your current version to see) so it's almost certainly not malware, fyi.

[edit...]
Tested it and it works, but only on non-primary monitor. If you try to watch flash fullscreen on the primary monitor and mess around on the secondary monitor, it comes out of full-screen as usual, but vice versa it does not.

Last edited:
Yea, works here. You aren't trying to watch flash on the primary desktop, right?

Supposedly that "fix" will break when a new version of flash comes out. I've started using the pop out function in you tube - moving the pop out window to the second screen and F11'ing it. I actually like that view of you tube much better. No, it's not FULL screen, but it's close...and I'm not tempted to read comments. Youtube comments make baby Jesus cry :(

It will break when a new version of flash comes out, BUT, the guy who does the hack appears to be releasing a new hack for each version if you look at his site, and he's got one for the newest version of flash, and that was released just a few days ago. Seems pretty good to me.

Back