dual pci express boards.

Splat1

n00b
Has anybody seen any dual 16x pci express boards for sli. Im pretty sure you can get away with a 16x and a 8x as long as the 8x is a full 16x length slot. I havent seen or heard of any yet minus the alienware one which I have yet to see.

I don't think they are out yet... but I am looking forward to one myself.

I had a wet dream once.

Add me to the list of those 'not buying' until these are available.

Would the dual PCI-E cards work if you had a board with PCI-E 16x, and then PCI-E 2x, and use the same PCI-E port for 2 cards in SLI? That probably would work if the cards are PCI-E 8x, which they probably are, but I want to know for sure.

its actually PCI-X that supports dual cards, and those are supposedly gonna be supported by the new Nforce3 boards.

so instead of $400 for a new vid card, it's gonna be 800+

:rolleyes: that'll sell well.

Its PCI-E thats going to support Nvidias SLI. PCI-X is an OLD 64 bit pci slot which is only used on old server motherboards. Also there isnt any Nforce3 thats going to have dual PCI-E its going to be the Nforce4 which is due sometime in the 4th quarter of this year. The Abit Fatal1ty series of motherboards is planning on using the Nforce4 chipset and I think they are planning on revealing them later this week at Quakecon.

i thought the fat1lty board was going to be a p4 or is he going to have one for p4's and amd?

There will be both P4 and AMD Fatal1ty boards which are being announced this coming this Saturday at Quakecon.

fazzman said:
its actually PCI-X that supports dual cards, and those are supposedly gonna be supported by the new Nforce3 boards.

Really? than this Dual Pentium 3 motherboard will run SLI Nvidia cards? http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT022601075334

"In mid-1997, Micron introduced its own chipset for the Pentium II, which they named 'Samurai'. This chipset was used in the Micron Powerdigm XSU workstation, targeted at the server market and offered support for 64-bit PCI-X rather than AGP. Unfortunately for Micron, the industry adopted AGP"

PCI-X is OLD Server Only Technology.

PCI-E is what will support SLI Nvidia cards.

==>lazn

Vulcanus said:
so instead of $400 for a new vid card, it's gonna be 800+

:rolleyes: that'll sell well.

well if you bought newer the upper line of cards 1K (6800 ultra, x800xt) well that may be about 1,200 cuz if you find one for 500 ur god

Back