Dual Opterom SLI 6800ultras

I was wondering if thats a BTX case. Also what power supply are you running at the moment. I am also looking to buy a dual operton SLI setup, but I want a first hand account first. BTW for those looking to buy one you can go here.

Congrats on the setup! :cool:

Hondaman4ever said:
I was wondering if thats a BTX case. Also what power supply are you running at the moment. I am also looking to buy a dual operton SLI setup, but I want a first hand account first. BTW for those looking to buy one you can go here.

Congrats on the setup! :cool:

There are 2 PSUs in that case.

venturi said:
Sorry I had missed that question

yes, overclocking is supported but not as you are used to.

1. you can change the hypertransport bus from 600mhz all the way up to 1.4ghz.

2, you can change the amount of lanes to each device from 2 to 16

3. you can change the width, depth and speed of the memory interleave.

4. You can change the speed to the pci-express slots

6. You can change the speed that the 2 cpus talk to one another

7. You can use nTune to change 22 other speed parameters.

I would say that's a yes on the overclocking.

VENTURI

Thanks for the answer, hehe not really overclocking as clocks need to be changed by software (my current board supports most of those you mentioned). Why can't they make opteron boards with OC'ing functions in the bios? ><

MeanieMan said:
There are 2 PSUs in that case.

How much juice does a setup like that take?

I'm looking at putting one of these into a Stacker case. If I need two supplies, what's the best way to split the power - one to board/cpu/video, the other to the drives?

Spike said:
meh...... Not impressive...... lol actualluy its very nice considering it belongs to a single person and not a company... but....look at the link and stop being impressed....

I like the line under "Low total cost of ownership" that says 16GB of memory "at no additional cost."

1.6 TB in raid 0? good luck partner. :)

i give it six months, tops. i cant imagine how long it would take to format that partition!

Spike said:
meh.......

Apples, Oranges.
That is a very impressive desktop system, pal.

You wouldn't see me running a 4-disk stripe that size....but if he's aware of the risks, more power to him. There's not a damn thing wrong with those Hitachis either. Nor was there anything wrong with most IBM deskstars...there were a few (mostly 75GXP) models that produced more than their fair share of drama :)o )

When I get the money for a nice controller, I play on striping my pair of 18GB 15K's for my system and scratch disk...but that's only 18GB, and I run tape on it weekly (not to mention I'd take a 4-way stripe of seagate scsi's over any desktop drives any day). I just hope there's no mission-critical stuff on that beast.

That's a bitchin system...hope you enjoy it. :)

Wouldn't run, they use 8mb onboard graphics cards dont they?
Also they would get a crap score, since they use lots of medium CPUs strung together, and if it does have a good graphics card, its for video editing, so it'd score about the same as a 6800GT

cant it like emulate windows or sumting lol...id hope 72 1.2ghz chips could...well isnt it able to run linux programs nativly?run some UT2004 benchmarks lol

Back