Dual OCZ Solids in RAID0 in my LAPTOP = Mind blowing.

thebeephaha

2[H]4U
O M G

My laptop (ASUS G50VT-A1) feels faster than my desktop in just about everything but sheer CPU and GPU power.

It feels snappier and faster than my EIGHT Raptors in RAID0.

Like, programs load INSTANTLY.

Like... *click*

*BAM IN YOUR FACE OPEN!* :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here are my benches:

ssd5.png
ssd6.jpg

It really is pretty amazing, no longer does the hard drive have to be the bottleneck of a modern computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227373 I got two of those for $210... best $210 I've ever spent.

Also of course they make no noise, are shock resistant, and use less power. My gaming laptop might be able to hit 4 hours surfing the web.

PICS!!!

SSDs and my old "slow" Seagate Momentus 250GB 7200.3s
ssd1.jpg

ssd2.jpg

Insides of my lappy for kicks
ssd3.jpg

ssd4.jpg

:) I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. :D:D

FYI I used these tips to configure Vista for the SSD

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43525

Last edited:
should've gotten the vertex models. Even if its less space, the controller is significantly better. But thats still a nice setup.

should've gotten the vertex models. Even if its less space, the controller is significantly better. But thats still a nice setup.

True but these drives are light years faster than my old Seagates and for the price I think it's not too bad. Besides I think I'm maxing out my laptop's controller. The two SSDs on my desktop did 270MB/sec.

Nice! The only thing I hate about my Dell 1720, no RAID!! But, one SSD lights it up pretty nicely :D

Im more of a small laptop guy, and theres no two HDD models of 12-14" laptops that I know of. Single vertex is more of my style, which is why thats my plan. But you're right, you're probably maxing the controller.

It is funny how they seem faster than my Raptors despite my desktop raid array is over 100MB/sec faster on sustained reads and writes. The .3ms response time must be making the difference compared to 8ms of the Raptors.

my two solids benched at around 250mb on my 790i. So, thats not bad for a laptop raid with two solids.

Back