Dual Monitors In XP

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by LJ57, Dec 21, 2008.

1. LJ57

LJ57 2[H]4U

I used to have things set up where the monitor was hooked in to my laptop and I could see the desktop on both the monitor and the laptop screen. Somehow I managed to extend the desktop on to the monitor and I can't get it back to where the desktop is on both. I tried deselecting the "extend my desktop" option but now XP doesn't recognize the monitor and I just get a flashing yellow light.

Is there any way I can get things back to having the desktop on the monitor?

2. SmokeRngs

SmokeRngs [H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2008

Are you talking about the option where you see the exact same thing on both monitors? If so, look for the option to clone the display. If you're using an nVidia card, it should say something like clone. As for ATI video cards, I'm not sure but it should be similar. I don't have a dual monitor setup with ATI cards at the moment and my only ATI cards are running Linux which probably has some different settings and names for them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Phantoms

Phantoms Limp Gawd

I don't see the option in ATI anymore either, maybe I'm just missing it. I'm on 8.10 if it matters.

4. Phantoms

Phantoms Limp Gawd

Found it. In Catalyst Control Center, switch to basic view. Click on the Quick Settings tab and there are the settings to change the desktop configs.

5. LJ57

LJ57 2[H]4U

Thanks a lot! That fixed everything back the way I wanted it!