Dual Logins

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
So we seem to be having a reoccuring issue that im now being informed about.

When users login to our intranet, they of corse enter credentials than are on the intranet, thats correct, but now when they click a document, they have to enter the same credentials again.

Anyone have an idea of how to stop the second login for documents?

Is this a custom built solution, or something pre-built like SharePoint?

What intranet application? What OS are the users connecting from? What browser(s) are being used?

Are the sites in the Trusted or Intranet zone? If you are using IIS, is pass-through enabled?

Is it plugged in?

Okay, that one made me laugh

The files are stored on the same server / domain as the site itself
The users are using Windows 7, XP and between IE and FireFox, also I tested this with Chrome and Safari just incase, same result

IIS pass-through already done.

This is a custom built solution, no sharepoint involved at all.

And its Intranet Zone

Okay, that one made me laugh

The files are stored on the same server / domain as the site itself
The users are using Windows 7, XP and between IE and FireFox, also I tested this with Chrome and Safari just incase, same result

IIS pass-through already done.

This is a custom built solution, no sharepoint involved at all.

And its Intranet Zone

Are you using HTTP auth or another authentication method? Are you setting cookies properly if you use them? Is the part of the intranet that feeds you requested files checking for the cookie correctly?

If you are using an in-house solution, there's a million different things that could be wrong here. We can't really diagnose any of them without access to your code. You should forward this problem on to the engineer(s) responsible for the intranet code. If you are the engineer responsible, you need to give us way more details and possibly post some code or something.

Yep, going to need a lot more on this... especially if this is a case where "it worked before, but now it's not".

You can avoid the login if your users are on a domain, and logged into their computers with an account that can access the stuff, and also using IE exclusively for this stuff will help. This of course isnt the only way.

Back