DUAL DVI 68000 or From ATI

BlckRaven

Limp Gawd
Am I the only one who wants a dual dvi card in the $300 range ?

I have a dual lcd ( dell 2001) set up. My poor 9800pro is killing me everytime i look at the quality of the dvi port ( lcd on left) vs the vga monitor ( screen on right)

It's like night and day. pardon my french..vga sux ass! (_i_)

I have looked around the web for either ati or nvidia based cards (x800 or 6800gt or plain 6800..none offer dual dvi port )

Instead i am forced to either buy the Ultra version of the 6800 ( which i would have to crazy to spend $500 on a vid card, or get the pci xpress of the x800 ) - no i will not buy more intel products.

this is not some bias view...this is me as customer fed up with both ati and nvidia.
most cards should be dual dvi ( they can include a cheap vga converter to satisfy those who want vga)

here is a list of cards that have dual dvi
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=995763&enterthread=y

if u note... none under $300 .. ATI is the worst of the bunch. hopefully someone will release a 6800gt with dual dvi...till then i am forced to stare at this crapy vga output on my second monitor. :(

/me hugs tranCendenZ ! :D

if this is true. I will look into this.

alot of manufacturers say dual dvi in specs. but use pics of ultra 6800 :p

what kind of perf can i expect from a regular 6800 compare to a GT. ( hope to OC plain jane 6800)
Also have they taken care of the dvi 1600 rez bug ?

however..this gives me hope.

tnx tranCendenZ ... u rock !

xfx 6800 128mb looks like the real deal, you can call xfx to verify I guess.

altho its in stock and on sale, better order it before the doom3 rush dries up supplies ;)

BlckRaven said:
I have a dual lcd ( dell 2001) set up. My poor 9800pro is killing me everytime i look at the quality of the dvi port ( lcd on left) vs the vga monitor ( screen on right)

It's like night and day. pardon my french..vga sux ass! (_i_)

I have a dual lcd (dell 2001fp) as well. I'm using it on my ti4400 (until my 6800GT comes!) with the main LCD on DVI and my secondary 2001fp on vga. I'm curious why your vga connection looks so terrible? Mine looks nearly identical to my dvi-connected lcd. there are a few minor differences, such as:

1. the annoyance of having to "auto-adjust" on the vga monitor for different resolutions.
2. there is a certain pattern that I come across every once in a while that wigs out on the vga-connected monitor. The pattern has some weird "motion" while the dvi has nothing of the sort. an example can be found on this page:
Click Me (click on one of hte links found in the table labeled "Normal")
3. this is a very very slight "shadowing/ghosting" on certain background colors. For instance, on some gray backgrounds with black text I can see a letter such as "T" and then just tiny bit to the right I'll see a replica of the letter "T". This is VERY faint and I can only see it on some background colors and I have to be literally 2-3 inches away from my screen to see it. I've seen this "shadowing/ghosting" vary from video card to video card in both location (left/right of original text) and intensity.

So...don't get me wrong as I would also love a dual DVI card (I really really wished the 6800GT's had dual dvi), but as for a huge or even "noticeable" difference...I don't see it with my two monitors. Maybe my eyes just suck?

I'd be interested to know what huge difference you see as I may be overlooking something?

bobn4burton , as u mentioned...you have a few issues of your own. bottom line its not equal to the dvi. also...what color settings, brightness do u have your vga on. cuz i just cant get the colors on the vga to match the dvi to my liking.

BlckRaven said:
bobn4burton , as u mentioned...you have a few issues of your own. bottom line its not equal to the dvi. also...what color settings, brightness do u have your vga on. cuz i just cant get the colors on the vga to match the dvi to my liking.

BlckRaven,

I got my colors to match pretty close. They are not 100% perfect...but I don't know if you can get perfect with DVI (maybe you can??)??

I have my analog set at a custom color setting of
Red - 40
Green - 50
Blue - 50
Brightness - 50
Contrast - 50

My DVI is set to:
Red - 40
Green - 50
Blue - 50
Brightness - 100
Contrast - NA

That gives me pretty decent results. You might have to fiddle with them a bit as every monitor is probably a bit different. And once again, I'm not claiming that the VGA is equal in any stretch of the word, but I was just making sure that I wasn't overlooking any huge difference. I too wished very much that the 6800GT's would come in a dual-dvi form. I can't justify the extra 100-150 for the ultra:(

tnx for the into mate..

I will wait for a dual dvi GT as well. makes no sense why the Ultra and the plain 6800 have dual dvi yet the GT does not.

Back