Dual display, text not very sharp

Iowabucks

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone,
I have two 24" Samsung T24C550ND monitors set up and something somewhere along the line got changed and now my text seems hard to see. It doesn't look as dark or focused as it used to be. It is especially noticeable when looking at text against a white screen.

I have been through every picture setting these monitors give you without any change. Even went back to default picture settings without a change. I have run the clear type text tuner with no change at all. At first glance, you would think it was a contrast or basic setting causing it, but I have adjusted those settings to no avail. But for some reason I have a feeling it is a basic contrast/brightness/sharpness setting that is making this hard to see. I don't remember having this problem seeing text a month ago.

I use a GTX 670 video card. One monitor is connected via HDMI, the other DVI to HDMI. Text on both monitors look bad to me. Pictures seem to be missing something too, which makes me wonder if it's some kind of monitor setting.

Can anyone give me any other options to try to get my text a little darker and sharper?

I tried to printscreen a couple text images to this thread to show what I am seeing but the images saved on photobucket look better than what I am seeing.

Last edited:
Well, do not use VGA on a digital display (I.E. LCD). That will kill the sharpness.

i doubt it's the os. sounds like something funky going on with either the monitors or your cables. and as suiken said, don't use vga.

Back