Dual Display Questions

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I just got my dual VP171b setup running and I have a view questions for those of you with dual displays.

1) what program are you using to control them? I am currently using UltraMon and it's ok, but I can't figure out how to arrange the taskbar so that the clock and stuff is on the the right monitor, but keep the start button on the left

2) what display do you use as primary? I am using the left one, but something I cound very annoying with this setup is when I move the mouse to the far right of the screen, to scroll or exit out of a window, often I will "slide" past and go over into the second screen. b/c of this I was considering changing the right monitor to primary, but it just seems natural to have the left one, since we read left to right. also, if anyone knows of a way around this problem, or any other helpful hints, please share

obligatory pic of dual monitor setup:

IMG_2160.JPG

I use my right monitor as my primary
I keep my right monitor centered to the keyboard and the secondary to the left
As for moving the mouse to the other monitor accidently only way I can think to fix it would be to go into your display properties and switch the displays ie if it says [2] [1] make it [1] [2] however this will mean that you will have to scroll off the left side of your primary to get to the secondary

blindviper said:
I use my right monitor as my primary
I keep my right monitor centered to the keyboard and the secondary to the left

that's what I was thinking of doing, since you can only use one when gaming anyway

are you using digital or analog connection? IF it is digital, what's your video card?

Happy Hopping said:
are you using digital or analog connection? IF it is digital, what's your video card?
see sig

(XFX 6600GT with Dual DVI out :D )

I have mine setup with the left screen as primary and use the right one only for Samurize, my large clock, winamp, FTP folders, and other stuff that I don't need to access most of the time.
Sometimes I play a movie or music vid on the right while surfing on the left one.

I too use Ultramon and I don't think there is a way to get the taskbar to show the sys tray and clock on any screen besides the primary.

desktop-3200x1200small.jpg

Back