Dual CPU Liquid Metal Cooling $300

KingThot

Gawd
Link

Not much more expensive than high end water plus you can tell people at the LAN you're cooling with liquid gallium.

Ebay, yes I know. It's buy it now. Simma down now. ;)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't see the problem with this Scroatdog. Maybe you should read the ENTIRE RULE.
quote:
1. No auction links such as eBay or similiar are allowed. Ebay store with the buy-it-now feature are allowed.

Gallium has 7 times more heat-taking-away ability than water.
Gallium — Specific Heat Capacity: 370 J/(kg·K)
Water — Specific Heat Capacity: ~74 J/(kg·K)

Oh, that is pure hotness. I want to go build a dual cpu rig just so I can buy it and play.

Wow, reminds me of the T-1000 from Terminator 2...

I shudder to think how much that coolant costs.

And by "industrial-grade" I think they mean "secret government lab grade". ;)

that is expensive BUT VERY cool... I would think a bigger radiator would be needed though

almost looks like it would fit into a blade server.... something for the new 5300 xeons :cool:

Star Fox said:
I say buy it and sell the gallium inside...

I don't think there is any included

EBAY said:
This is all I know about these units. All other information you can get off of the pictures I have included

Sounds kinda sketchy to me -- how would he even know if they worked?

The Nanocoolers website has some interesting articles with basic description of their systems here. I think the gallium is self contained in the loop, not to be refilled.

Where did this things come from? The company doesn't seem to SELL anything of this sort, just in development so far, so is this some engineering prototype?

Looks cool if there is a real product.

Would be more useful if it had a better mountable radiator and longer tubes.

XmagusX said:
I found values close to that range as well -- $550,000 - $600,000 per metric tonne ($0.55 - $0.60 per gram). For reference, purposes, gold is currently $20 per gram and silver at $0.45 per gram, so yeah, this stuff ain't cheap. Interesting way of doing liquid cooling. :)

i still say that radiator isn't big enough... for how much heat this stuff will absorb, you'd need a giant radiator to make it worthwhile

Back