Dual-Core Opties Price Drop!!!

yeah but when are these prices going to take effect? I know these prices arn't going to be met exactly but I see the opt 165 is $270 on that list while most places are selling it for $330 and been like that for awhile now. I hope the 4400+ drops in price because I was going to buy it tomorrow but now I will wait until monday just to make sure it's at the lowest price for right now.

Oooh, 3rd thread on topic! Just remember the prices are per 1000units, so you will NOT be getting that price, unless of course, you buy a 1000 units.

as I said i know they arn't going to be sold for that price but i havn't seen a price change at any sites since the last price drop about 2+ weeks ago. I am just wonder are these prices already in effect or are they waiting for there current shipment to be sold out and getting there next at such a price?

Two things:

1.) today the price drops were confirmed by AMD themselves (hence the link)

and

2.) Monarch computers has 265s for $307!!! cheaper than the MSRP of $316.

peace,
OriginalOCer

I do not have to upgrade till the end of this year.
When I do upgrade, it sure looks like it will be sweet.
There should be more price drops by then.

My only grip is about ram as everything is moving to DDR2.
I am planning to buy 8GB of pc3200 ECC ram. I don't want it to be outdated to quick.

OriginalOCer said:
Two things:

1.) today the price drops were confirmed by AMD themselves (hence the link)

and

2.) Monarch computers has 265s for $307!!! cheaper than the MSRP of $316.

peace,
OriginalOCer

I've only ever placed a single order with Monarch, but they are quickly sinking to the worst on-line company to order from in my book...

(I was only just informed today that the order I placed last week is expected to ship NEXT MONTH... yes, they said "March")

Right now I am not 100% certain the status of my order because the replies I receive, although they have my full order info in them, do NOT contain MY NAME... (I even replied back "I am Mr. X, not Mr. Y, with no reply back...)

FWIW, looking at resellerratings.com, it appears I am not the only one having this issue...

When a company knows an order will be delayed by double-digit days or weeks, some attempt should be made to inform the customer... No?

I'm nervous to attempt to cancel as who knows what issues that will lead to next?

The word-of-mouth about this place must have had one helluva breath mint in it to suck me in...

the horror stories are even worse for there RMa process so you might want to cancel while you still can. ;)

RANT ON

Monarch RMA only gives you store credit (they're the only online retailer I've come across that does this). I returned an unopened, retail cpu and thought it would be a simple matter of applying the store credit to my new order that I replaced AFTER they received the cpu. Wrong. They charged my credit card for the full price of my new order and said they would separately credit my card for the refund. Well, due to the holidays, they forgot about crediting my credit card. Took me a whole month before the credit showed up on my credit card. Is it me or shouldn't store credit be alot simpler to apply??? Why couldn't they just deduct the store credit from the new order and charge my card for that amount??

RANT OFF

If you're sure that you're not gonna return something for a refund and you don't mind waiting a day or two before they ship your order, then Monarch has pretty good prices and no taxes for me (CA resident) :)

Back