pd2.jpg

pd3.jpg

pd4.jpg

pd5.jpg

pd6.jpg

pd7.jpg

pd8.jpg

pd9.jpg

damn it dillusion. You beat me to that board. lol Well actually I decided to wait a lil bit. I got a WD RAID PCI card so i'm running my 2 raptors in RAID 0 now. You think there would be a difference if i was using a mobo with RAID onboard? Anyways.... just sold my x1800xl and about to order my x1900xt :) You're probably thinking why? I have an ATI accomodation through my work and I can get the x1900xt for really cheap.

phillyp1982 said:
damn it dillusion. You beat me to that board. lol Well actually I decided to wait a lil bit. I got a WD RAID PCI card so i'm running my 2 raptors in RAID 0 now. You think there would be a difference if i was using a mobo with RAID onboard? Anyways.... just sold my x1800xl and about to order my x1900xt :) You're probably thinking why? I have an ATI accomodation through my work and I can get the x1900xt for really cheap.

I sold my x1800xl for this gtx. yeah this board is GREAT. not one complaint. RAID, Oc options, awesoem temps, stable and fast. HIGHLY recommended.

Dillusion said:
I sold my x1800xl for this gtx. yeah this board is GREAT. not one complaint. RAID, Oc options, awesoem temps, stable and fast. HIGHLY recommended.
They always come back to the green side :D

Dillusion said:
They always come back to the green side :D Congrats on an awesome video card.

Essentially its the Sb thats different. It adds intel matrix storage, RAID 0/1/0+1/5/10, and it adds ViiV to it.

where did you get that? is it a custom build?

damn dude.....how many sff rigs do you have?

alkaline said:
where did you get that? is it a custom build?

damn dude.....how many sff rigs do you have?

Just one, but i keep upgrading it.. i got that enclosure at newegg. geeks.com has a few for good prices too.

I would have to say this one. Its the most responsive and the least problems. It plays BF2 like a champ on my 20" widescreen and the XFi sounds incredible. IMO intel chipsets are SO MUCH better than AMD's. With this enermax liberty, the AMD chipsets would report the +12v to be 11.96v at times, even 11.89v under load. The design of intel's chipsets are superb, the VRM's are nice and steady; the rails stay above 12v at all times (12.12v/12.04v) and the feature set is really nice too.

Though some of that is also up to the manufacturer..

Did some modding today and switchign around today. I took out the Zalman 7700 cause it was way too loud 24/7 and it was hitting the side of the case slightly causing it to pop out. And the FX121 wouldnt fit with it. So I went back to the intel stock cooler, installed the FX121, and also switched out my two mismatched 60mm fans for Panaflo L1A silent 60mm Fans. They push lots of air and are dead silent. I also modded the case a bit for cooling. I made a 60mm circle in the top for the top fan to suck air in, and a 2" by 5" oval in the side to aid in CPU cooling.

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

More to come. I have custom mnpctech handles coming friday and racing stripes for the front coming thursday.

I have a normal flourescent light in my room. so its not a white lights or blue, its like yellowish.

Dillusion said:
I would have to say this one. Its the most responsive and the least problems. It plays BF2 like a champ on my 20" widescreen and the XFi sounds incredible. IMO intel chipsets are SO MUCH better than AMD's. With this enermax liberty, the AMD chipsets would report the +12v to be 11.96v at times, even 11.89v under load. The design of intel's chipsets are superb, the VRM's are nice and steady; the rails stay above 12v at all times (12.12v/12.04v) and the feature set is really nice too.

Though some of that is also up to the manufacturer..
Um, it's the monitoring chip that's off. Nothing to do with the chipset. For best readings you need to use a DMM.

sabrewolf732 said:
Um, it's the monitoring chip that's off. Nothing to do with the chipset. For best readings you need to use a DMM.

Then AMD chipsets use shitty monitoring chips :p

The mods that I did actually really helped the cooling of the non-E sg01 i have. The stock intel cooler sounded like an aircraft carrier with a plane taking off while gaming, now it stays silent. That means before my CPU temp was going over or around 70c, and now its not even hitting 60c. My 7800GTX does get kinda hot though, like 55c idle and 78c load. Im thinking of getting an NVS5 on soon.

Dillusion said:
Then AMD chipsets use shitty monitoring chips :p

The mods that I did actually really helped the cooling of the non-E sg01 i have. The stock intel cooler sounded like an aircraft carrier with a plane taking off while gaming, now it stays silent. That means before my CPU temp was going over or around 70c, and now its not even hitting 60c. My 7800GTX does get kinda hot though, like 55c idle and 78c load. Im thinking of getting an NVS5 on soon.

The monitoring chips could aslo be wrong on the intel, the best way to find out rail voltage is via a dmm. You can get one from radio shack for about $10.

sabrewolf732 said:
The monitoring chips could aslo be wrong on the intel, the best way to find out rail voltage is via a dmm. You can get one from radio shack for about $10.

ya i have one sitting behind me

Steeeeve said:
what is up with the yellow pictures?

Most digital cameras have a setting to make adjustments for flourescent lights; also you can take a sec and auto adjust the image before you upload them so they look better.

m6.jpg
m6.jpg

Looks pretty sweet but, you always seem to do a good job ;) . Did you ever get around to checking out how it overclocks?

actually, that pic strikes a cool idea........a slightly tinted gold case would look very sharp imo

Ehh, Sounds Kindy Groddy in my opinion. Although, everyone has their own taste. I am all about Black Brushed Aluminum.

I have two OC's im testing:

215/3220mhz + ~717 on the ram @ 4-4-4

or

230/3440mz + 570 on the ram @ 4-4-4

All with stock voltages. Undervolting doesnt does, the vcore just defaults to 1.375 :( I wanted to see how cool i could get this CPU running but meh. I could up the vc but it just gts tooo hot in there w/ the smithy.

how do you like your 2025? ive been considering getting one.......ive been looking for more opinions

alkaline said:
how do you like your 2025? ive been considering getting one.......ive been looking for more opinions

Haven't you seen the massive thread on that monitor? Made me choose to buy one (instead of the Acer or Benq) and I'm glad I did. Certainly has been getting very good reviews.

im with you dillusion. i dont think the jump to ddr2 is really going to mean that much to me.....im excited for am2 because it will drop 939 prices =]

Back