Dual Channel with different speed RAM?

DeerDance

n00b
Hi

I bought 2GB module 1800 DDR3 in may 2010. I choose 1800 because difference was like 1-2€ at the time and I thought that later when I will buy additional RAM, high speed ones will be more common.

So now when I got the money, I want to buy another 2GB, but difference between 1600 and 1800 is now more than 10€, also they don't have 1800 at the moment.

Will I face some problems if I buy 1600? Both will obviously go 1600.

here is the link for shop and rams I am talking about.

Last edited:
Can't seem to get that link to load. :S Anyways, it's generally ill advised to mix memory, but you really shouldn't run into problems. Note that it will also not only use the slower speed, but the slower timings as well. Make sure it's set to a voltage that both DIMMs will operate at and you should be good to go.

They look like they run on the same timings, so you will be fine there. You just need to make sure they run at the same voltages. Everything will be based on the 1600 sticks speeds. However, as stated above it is not recommended to mix and match ram.

if you can't get link to work.. here is the pic

everything is the same except 1800/1600. Other shops that offers same brand does not have 1800 version either... and its well over a two month now I think.

well, they have ~3 weeks when I will be buying new gpu, then I just take 1600 with it... I take it that most people never heard of them, but they are cheap and people have had good experience with them, also lifetime waranty.... I think they are only being sold in czech,slovakia and poland...

Last edited:
Back