Dual channel configuration issues.

ecktt

Limp Gawd
The parts :
AMD Athlon 64 3000
Kingstone Value 2x1GB DDR400 memory kit (new).
Ultra 400 watt PSU(new).
MSI MS7094 motherboard

The computer will reboot with in minutes of starting Vista 64. Vista 64 BSODs on trying to install it from scratch around the 50% mark of the file expansion phase. The computer will boot fine with a BartPE cd (Basically XP with SP2 in 32bit mode). The problem started when I install a new 2 GB memory kit and psu. I thought it might be the PSU but checked out fine. I tried the ram else where and it works great. Also I was able to loop memtest86 for several days on the questionable computer without issue. The memory slots works fine because the if I have either of the new 1GB sticks in either slot, the computer works. I also tried re-seating the Processor and (stock) heat sink. The mother board only has 2 memory slots and is running the newest BIOS. I believe it just does not play nice with all (both) memory slots populated for a dual memory configuration. Any possible cause and solution?

Hi, try setting you memory timings manually. I would set you 1t/2t option at 2t (if you have this). Often memtest will run fine, but issues will still be present. The fact that memtest will run is actually a good sign.

What video card are you running?

Back