Dual Booting Windows

• Thread starter Deleted member 169154
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 169154

Let's say I dual boot Windows 7 and Windows Vista on the same HDD.

If I go into HDD Manage in Vista and go to change drive letter and select "remove" on the partition associated with Windows 7 and also remove the drive letter associated with my bulk storage drive...will this effectively isolate this OS from the rest of my computer.

Basically, no real way for anything malicious to go between my other OS or my data?

Thanks for the reply, but wouldn't UAC warn me if something was trying to remount my HDDs?

Basically I want 2 OS's partitioned onto a single disk and 1 bulk storage drive.

1 of the OS's and the bulk drive can only see each other and one of the OS has no knowledge of these other two partitions.

Is there anyway to easily separate these (permanently unless I want to reformat and clear the MBR) from each other without encryption?

Basically I want 2 OS's partitioned onto a single disk and 1 bulk storage drive.

1 of the OS's and the bulk drive can only see each other and one of the OS has no knowledge of these other two partitions.

Is there anyway to easily separate these (permanently unless I want to reformat and clear the MBR) from each other without encryption?

Years ago there was a product called something like "Systems Commander" from a small company that seemed, well, flaky around the edges. I don't think it's available any longer.

What I liked about this product was that you could have two partitions, and when you booted say Partition A, you could automatically hide Partition B. This might be what you're looking for.

What I didn't like was that the software was hard to use, and ultimately didn't trust it. And at some point, the company stopped supporting it. Maybe there is something else out there that works the same way as System Commander, only better.

Thanks for the reply.

This seems like it is going to be a royal pain the ass haha. Seems like it should be much simpler.

Back