Dual booting Windows x64 and x32

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I have x64 on my machine right now. Problem is, some apps won't run on it. I was wondering if it was possible to install both versions of Windows on the drive and choose which to run at start-up.

I already have the entire disk formatted for x64 so I don't know if it will be possible to do this without reforematting the entire disk. I plan only on using x32 for iTunes and such things like that that refuse to run on x64 at the moment. I just really need to update the iPod. Badly.

Thanks

--Deadly

You can use a prog like Partition Magic to adjust your current partition so that you can just go an install x32. However, if that doesn't work, a standard format + partition is in order.

With that said, I use x64 and iTunes + my iPod work just fine. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere with your system?

Where did you DL iTunes from? Last time I checked, Apple's site said that iTunes and x64 were not yet compatible. I have been checking for about 2 months now and have gotten the same thing each time. If you could link me to the DL you used, that would be great.

Back