Dual Boot Win10 and 7 Winload.efi error, single GPT drive

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
I started with WIn10 64bit and then Win7 64bit. This installs the Win7 boot loader and can be an issue but I ended up with the same error after installing Win7 first, just got the Win10 GUI boot loader.

Either way Win10 works but when I select Win7 I get an error saying the winload.efi digital signature couldn't be verified.

Umm... No?

Just one GPT drive but with a partition for each.

Install Win7 in a partition, it boots and works.

Then install Win10 in a different partition, it boots and works. You get the boot loarder menu deal and Win10 works but when you run WIn7 you get the winload.efi digital signature couldn't be verified error.

Last edited:
I have long since completely abandoned ever running dual boot system, things like this point to the fact that it's impossible to assure both OS's working correctly.

My solution is, install the two OS's completely separately on separate drives (IE when installing OS1, have ONLY HDD1 plugged into the Mobo, do the same for OS2 & HDD 2), then use the Mobo Boot options to choose whatever OS drive you want to boot from, so the two OS's can never interfere with each other.

That is a fucking brilliant idea. I cannot believe I have never thought of that.

Yea, I’m wanting to use the new 2TB SSD for both not buy another SSD. I know there are other ways but I’m looking for an answer to the error. I’m thinking its because I’m using the GPT formatting. Even though both operating systems are 64-bit and support GPT and were installed in GPT mode, something is up. I guess I’ll have to redo them in MBR mode which should still work as I’m under the 2TB MBR limit. What happens when you have a 4TB drive though?

Well, redoing the same thing with the same drive but with MBR and not GPT worked. Not sure why as I did everything the same both ways but there is a bug when Windows 10 builds the BCD on a GPT drive.

Back