Dual boot fail- win10 install not found

Dr. Righteous

2[H]4U
I have to admit I'm way behind the curve on window10.
I've avoid it when possible but it came time to purchase a new laptop I have to have windows because all the software diagnostic tools I have to use are for windows.

No big deal I use Linux 99% of the time and much, much prefer it.
I would just do a dual boot (like I done many times over the years) and just use windows when I need it.

I purchase a Lenovo IdeaPad 320. I like Lenovo because generally they are Linux friendly and the quality is good. My old Lenovo laptop is 11+ years old and never had a single issue besides the battery dying of old age. I would have kept using it but it maxed out on 2 GB RAM and that is insufficient now a days.

I tried out window 10 some; and hate it. Cortana is a nosy bitch that won't shut up. Tried disabling all the service for it, and they relaunch if you do that. I wasn't all that concerning since I wouldn't be using Win10 on a daily basis.

I got into the BIOS and disable UEFI and SecureBoot. I set it to Legacy boot and made the USB drive boot #1 in boot order.
All seems smooth on the linux install until it is time to alter the disk partition disk space. The installer reports on previous OS is found installed.
I'm missing something for sure for this to be the case.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Refer to the Linux topic you made. I am sure the replies there will be more helpful.

Back