dual 24" or single 30"

What would you get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say go for the 30". The extra real estate on a single screen is unbeatable.

A 30" LCD's 2560x1600 laughs hysterically at a 48" LCD's 1920x1080. :D

i have triple monitors, but if i had to do it all over again, a single 30" would do the job nicely - go with the 30

i have triple monitors, but if i had to do it all over again, a single 30" would do the job nicely - go with the 30

Zantec, from your sig it looks like you have a 30" + 2 - 22" displays. Does that mean you'd just as soon go without the side displays?

Zantec, from your sig it looks like you have a 30" + 2 - 22" displays. Does that mean you'd just as soon go without the side displays?
I think he's saying that if he went back in time when he was looking at dual 22's or a 30", he would go with one 30".

^ i bought the 22 first, then the 30. added the 2nd 22 to even things out.

don't get me wrong, i like all the screen real estate, but if i was starting from *scratch* and had to make the decision, i'd go with the 30

one can always add later if 30 isn't enough. my suspicion is that it would be...as long as you stayed out of the 'post your setups' threads :D

Also, if you are playing games, there is no comparison. The 30" wins hands down. How can you play games with huge plastic bezels in the middle of the screen?

2x Refurb 3007wfp-hc's they're on dell's refurb site for $750 each, if i had the room i would have bought a second one :D

Yea, I moved from 2 x 24" to a single 30" for HD Video Editing (originally had the 2nd 24" has a full-screen preview" but turned into a PITA to turn my head everytime to check something.

Now with a 30" I got a full 720p preview on the same screen as my editing timeline and it's plenty big.

When I want to sit and watch a clip I can just use the 37" 1080p westinghouse also attached :)

I plan to grab a 2nd 30" once I get the desk space... hope Dell has plenty of those 3007-HC's... :D

Yea, I moved from 2 x 24" to a single 30" for HD Video Editing (originally had the 2nd 24" has a full-screen preview" but turned into a PITA to turn my head everytime to check something.

Now with a 30" I got a full 720p preview on the same screen as my editing timeline and it's plenty big.

When I want to sit and watch a clip I can just use the 37" 1080p westinghouse also attached :)

I plan to grab a 2nd 30" once I get the desk space... hope Dell has plenty of those 3007-HC's... :D
I really wish I had the cash to do that. I've got one 24" planning to get a 30" by the end of the year. I envy you. :)

Heh, it's not that much money... >_<

I did pay $900 then they dropped to $750 like a month later... kinda sucked... but then I sold my 2 x 24's for $600 so it worked out :D

I had the single 30, but I really use 2 monitors.

SO I went with dual Dell 2709 monitors.

I got them both for 610 + tax each, so it was actually cheaper than the 30. I love the size, and of course the realestate of 2 1920x1200 is better for my usage (multiple remote sessions (RDP), SSH and telnet windows, and of course a web broser or 2.

Problem I have with 27"'s is that they're the same resolution as 24"s

I bought the 30" for the screen resolution, not the size.

I can't wait to see if they ever release a bigger screen (35"?) at higher resolution, or a higher-resolution 30"

Dell lowered the 3008 30" even more. Can get it for just over $1000. :) Glad I waited,

I'd kill for a 30" 2560x1920 (4:3) or two...

Dual is reeeally nice. I've been using 1600x1200 + 1920x1200 for a week now. (Still waiting for my 30" to arrive.) I'd have to say 2x24" over 1x30" at this point.

Back