dual 22's or 1 24 inch??

Single. Not only is the panel better, but the cost may actually be slightly lower (~~~$350 x2 as opposed to $600). That and I can't stand the idea of having two monitors side by side: desk clutter, 'bezel line'...

If it's just for games, then single too.

Better panel, and one big screen is just NICE :D

Ditto. I sold off one of my 20" lcds so I can purchase a 24" Widescreen.
Me thinks I'll have the best of both worlds...

24" primary, 20" extended.

1920+1600= 3520x1200 for the win!

Get the (2) 22's. You'll never go back to a single monitor. I paid about $300 for each, but it's definitely worth it in the long run. Here's a look at mine.
DSC01778.jpg

yeah i was going to go with either 2 22 inch lg's or 1 24 inch lg.

I ran a single 23 inch lcd for about 2 years(apple hd display). When it start to "fail" under the extended compusa warranty I got a new one that was screwed up out of the box. When I went back I had them give me store credit and got 2 gateway 22 inch lcds. Hell I got both of them and warranties on each for the price of the single apple. Anyway from someone who as done it both ways. I'd say dual 22's. You give up way too much sticking with a single display unless the difference in gaming is that important to you.

I had run dual screens before this too. Had a 21 inch crt and a 17 inch lcd before I went to the apple screen. While the apple screen was real fucking sweet(I remember when I got it my stepfather saw it one day and just staired in disbelief on how cool it was) the dual 22s just beats it hands down. Hell if my desk was bigger I would have a 3rd by now.

^^
how did u find going from an IPS apple to a TN dell? i like the IPS screen, but the Dells are meat to be decent

Sandman, that's am awesome set, i'll contain my jealousy though :p

It depends on your needs. If all you do is game or watch movies, a bigger single monitor would be better. If you edit video, design websites, code, work with graphics, or multitask regularly, dual monitors are the way to go.

Personally, I love my dual 22" widescreens. Dual monitors for me is like high speed internet. Once you have it, you couldn't imagine having to go back.

My messy desk:

DualGoodness.jpg

why not get dual 24 inch :)

i go with single lcd if ur going to be just gaming

Nice 226Bw's. I want to pick one up, but the saw a 206BW on display and it was an A panel. I guess I gotta play the lottery.

It's a generic brand from computergeeks.com, and I LOVE IT. It holds everything very well, and is very flexible. Here's the link...did I mention it was inexpensive?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=LCD-194&cat=MON

Yeah, there was another thread talking about that mount. I was afraid that dual 22s would be too wide for that mount, but it appears that you have space left over. I very well may pick up one of those. Thanks for the link.

Agian...heh go for the 22's. The contrast ratio is much higher than the 24. As well as the response time is much lower on the 22. Why would you pay that much extra for 2 extra inches? 1680x1050 on one monitor is perfect for gaming.

man it such a tough call... honestly for the most part i mostly do some web surfing and gaming on my machine.

dual 22 westinghouses here, and i ended up getting them both for 400 last black friday...

then again i've been a dual monitor users for years.... (not just dual monitors though, dual machines + synergy)

now i've got 2 22s, and a 17, thats 3 computers + synergy....

I think I would go with dual screens also. I have many uses that I do to utilize both of my screens. I do allot video editing while viewing a web page, checking pages in the morning while watching an episode of the simpsons before I go to work. I have my 360 hooked into my vga port of my widescreen so I can play that and check web pages at the same time on the other screen.

Are you guys running those dual 22's off of one card or two? I've got the 226BW and was thinking of getting another one but was worried about the strain on the card while gaming. I have an EVGA 8800 GTS 640 mb superclocked card btw.

I wouldn't be worrying about any strain on your card. The have 2 plugs in the back for a reason. Its not like you are running full graphics on both at the same time. Even supcom has limitations for that.
Only problems I ever run into on gaming with dual monitors is if I am playing a game that doesnt know how to lock the mouse to the main screen. In that situation I just go into the properties and turn off the extend windows desktop.

well i have an 8800gtx and my computer is in the back part of the living room... in my living room also is the TV setup which includes my 360/wii/ and HDTV w/ DVR setup.

It depends on your needs. If all you do is game or watch movies, a bigger single monitor would be better. If you edit video, design websites, code, work with graphics, or multitask regularly, dual monitors are the way to go.

QFT

I do all of these. But man going to dual monitors for coding websites was a godsend. ALOT BETTER!!! Have the website im designing on one screen then either the output or examples of code on the other screen. Doesnt sound like much but man it does make difference and was so happy when I finally went to dual.

QFT

I do all of these. But man going to dual monitors for coding websites was a godsend. ALOT BETTER!!! Have the website im designing on one screen then either the output or examples of code on the other screen. Doesnt sound like much but man it does make difference and was so happy when I finally went to dual.

I fully agree with you, dual monitors are incredibly useful. I was torn between by a 24" Dell at first. I can now type my final term paper and watch Firefly at the same time! :D Just overall, dual monitors is the way to go. Especially if you have the option of buying a matching pair at the same time.

true, but i have no use for it as a tv or anything since its in my living room.

Ahhh, If you already have a TV setup in the same room. I wouldn't bother with a dual setup then. My computer is in another room so I opted to buy a second monitor and use that (widescreen) as my main. The only other reason I would say a dual in that situation would be good to check sites like FAQ for a game while you are playing it.
I think I would just go for the bigger screen if I were you in that situation.

dual 22 westinghouses here, and i ended up getting them both for 400 last black friday...

I got one of those 22" westinghouse monitors on Black Friday too, quite a good deal.

Of course now I'm in the same boat as athlonXP, I can't decide whether I want to go with dual widescreen dell 20" monitors or a 24" BenQ. I'm going to be using the monitor as a TV in my room, so that makes me lean towards the 24", but me and my friends also make and edit a lot of videos, which makes me lean back towards the dual monitors....it's just so hard to choose between two awesome options....

u know washingtonhouse 24 inch cost 300 dollars at overstocked sites.

For me, as I said before, dual is far more useful.

You said that the setup was going to be in your living room with a TV already in there. Seems to me that any movie watching would be done on that. It seems that you could figure out the answer to your decision by running a little test...

Over the next day or two, really pay attention to how many times you have to minimize a window in order to see another window behind it (or use the task bar to switch windows). If it is even somewhat often, dual is the way to go.

There is so many good things about running dual monitors that I take for granted now. Simple things like having my personal financial records open in excel on one monitor, and a browser window with my current online bank records on the other monitor. That way, I can compare and balance my checkbook with ease. There are a million little things like that.

You could always purchase a couple of 22" screens from Best Buy or somewhere, try them out for a couple of weeks, and take them back. It would require more upfront money (or a credit card), but that way you could gauge whether or not it would become useful for you.

The fact is that none of us can tell you which you would be better off with. But, I like my dual monitors so much that I would recommend you at least try out dual monitors before you finalize your decision. Heck, if nothing else, just borrow a monitor from a buddy for a few hours.

just get a single 37" and be done with it.

I would also go with 2 22's over a single 24, granted the 24 doe shave higher resolution and are typicaly better panels over all...I dunno I just like having 2 But I game and do webdeisgn programing etc,If space is an issue 24's are damn sweet....I was trying to decide the same thing as well but just forked out a little more for the 37".

If you were going to get dual 22's I woudl wait till you can pick some up for under $200 each hell there was a deal last week...

I'm running dual BenQ 24" screens and love it!

If your looking to do allot of gaming and plan on watching hi-def movies, than a single 24" might be better. Otherwise the added flexibility of 2x22" would be great.

I decided I wanted the best of both worlds and went with the dual 24"ers, though it obviously wasn't cheap.

Are you guys running those dual 22's off of one card or two? I've got the 226BW and was thinking of getting another one but was worried about the strain on the card while gaming. I have an EVGA 8800 GTS 640 mb superclocked card btw.

Right now I have both 22's running of a 7600gt. Yea I know I need to get a better card but I dont' game that much on my desktop. I have a radeon x1300 pci-express 1x card in my system but it doesn't seem to want to work in vista with everything elce. Never bothered to figure out why. Just moved my second screen to the main card.

Back