DTS/Optical Decoding in any good modern sound cards?

crewxp

Limp Gawd
Is there a good modern sound card (PCIe maybe) that decodes DTS via optical? I use the same speakers for my computer audio that my xbox uses and wanted to see if I can combine them or maybe switch between them using my computer instead of switching from optical in to analog on my speakers.

Thanks

ps: If not, any suggestions to keep my quality but somehow combine them or more easily switch?

They can't decode DTS over optical, they pass DTS over optical. Optical doesn't have the bandwidth for uncompressed 5.1, which is why they use DTS (or DD).

Or do you mean you want a card that accepts DTS as an input?

I guess optical in would work.

In the end, I would like to be able to hear my xbox's audio (comes in through optical dts) and my pc's audio at the same time through my surround sound 5.1 speakers. My speakers accepts 5.1 analog and optical in.

Or if not at the same time, at least being able to toggle between the two in windows. I was worried if I went this route that the optical would have latency issues when playing games though :/

If your speakers have 5.1 analog and optical why don't you connect your PC to the speakers with analog 5.1 and your XBOX to the speakers with optical? You won't get both audio sources at the same time, but your speakers should have an easy way to toggle between them.

thanks for the suggestion. that's what i have been doing, but my speaker controls are in another room. was looking at a way to simplify it.

Back