DSR messes up desktop icons after exiting game

Raendor

Gawd
Hey guys, does anyone knows how to get rid of this problem? When I use DSR and the exit the game all my icons arrangements are messed up and I have to manually drag and drop them to where they belong. Any workaround? Using Win 10 and 361.43 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Dont use DSR but my icons have become sentient aswell, they move around on their own, leaving random space open on the desktop. Dont care though, i feel like they are trying to tell me something.

I used DSR before I got a real 4K screen and yes it did rearrange my desktop icons on Win 7 Pro, amongst some other weirdness. Still a great feature though. I hardly keep anything on my desktop anyway so it didn't mother me too much.

Never had this problem when I used DSR. Icon rearrangement only happened whilst installing new drivers but that was a long time ago. DSR causes this issue only for games that do not shut down properly. Is your game shutting down properly? Try to verify steam cache.

Items move when the desktop resolution changes, in my experience....

Though I only encounter this during a driver install, and even then its been a while.

I personally choose not to use DSR because of how it blurs the image (hence the need for a "sharpness" driver setting).

Overall, DSR has yet to win me over. Especially after briefly owning a R9 380 and using VSR.

.... I know, I know. I returned the 380 but Nvidia's solution is simply not as good.

Stick to Supersampling through Nvidia Inspector.

I personally choose not to use DSR because of how it blurs the image (hence the need for a "sharpness" driver setting).

There's a slider in the Nvidia control panel for this right under where you turn DSR on. You can adjust it all the way down to 0% and there will be no blur at all, just sweet sweet crispness.

I am getting it too. Never had an issue until after the last driver update.

There's a slider in the Nvidia control panel for this right under where you turn DSR on. You can adjust it all the way down to 0% and there will be no blur at all, just sweet sweet crispness.
I thought this too but once I upgraded to an actual 1440p I realized just how bad DSR 1440p is in comparison. Heck even 4K DSR can't match 1440p native in IQ.

Dsr is best used when there is lots of leaves and foilage. I was pretty impressed with call of duty ghosts when using it.

I thought this too but once I upgraded to an actual 1440p I realized just how bad DSR 1440p is in comparison. Heck even 4K DSR can't match 1440p native in IQ.

Agreed. I bought a real 4k screen and my life changed. tis glorious.

Well, all these 1440p/4k talks are good and I'm happy for you guys, but I'm not planning to jump 4k until it will get 144 HZ or manufacturers generally improve with panel quality on these gaming1440p monitors. Maybe by the time of pascal/volta I'll think about it. So for now I'm pretty satisfied with my rather fresh g-sync AOC monitor. But some game look a bit better with dsr rather than just AA, so my problem stays and not to offend anyone, I would like to focus back on the issue with DSR messing up icons layout. So no idea how to fix it?

I think the issue is Windows 10. The problem happens for me simply changing desktop resolution or disabling one of my monitors.

I dont care about the position of my icons though, so I am not bothered.

Also, 4K > 1080P 144HZ any day of the week.

I think the issue is Windows 10. The problem happens for me simply changing desktop resolution or disabling one of my monitors.

I dont care about the position of my icons though, so I am not bothered.

Also, 4K > 1080P 144HZ any day of the week.

Well, that's personal. 60 Hz is very lame if you play competitive shooters.

Well, that's personal. 60 Hz is very lame if you play competitive shooters.

Agreed. I would love to splurge and buy a 4k monitor. I play competitively and cannot play with under 120hz.

Back