DSL/WRT54g NOOb

lord_tris

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so i got some dsl from the only provider here in germany TKS and i knew that the router that they sold was crap so i bought a wrt54g v3 which is hooked up to my dlink dsl modem

So i did some research and found out that i should upgrade the firmware and now even after that I still have the same problems as before which are the router does webpages just fine and messengers ok

but when i try to play an online game or download anything i either get booted or the download gets to about 3-7mbs then just stops

i have succesfully changed the firmware to a DD-wrt one but maybe i either have set something wrong with my router or i got the wrong firmware this is the one that i downloaded
dd-wrt.v23_wrt54g.bin

anyhelp will be much appricated

What games are you trying to play?

Put the IP address of your computer in the DMZ. Applications & Gaming\DMZ and see if that fixes the problem. If so then you need to figure out what ports the game you are trying to play uses and port forward them to your computers IP address.

Is the DSL modem really a combo modem/router already? So the DLink is already doing NAT, and you're adding a second router/NAT?

Back