DSL line and 2 line phone lines

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Nem, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Nem

Nem [H]Lite

I just installed DSL for someone and on the phone line used for the DSL modem there use to be two phone lines. Now only the DSL phone number works on that phone line. Anyone ever seen this happen? Is this caused by the filter? I am thinking I could just use one of those phone line splitters and have the phone line to the phone go in one slot and have the dsl filter and dsl line go in the other slot.

2. Bullitt

Bullitt 2[H]4U

The DSL filters are just low-pass filters that should be 2 line fitlers ( they have 4 pins in them).

This shouldnt be caused by the filter. More than likely what's happened is that the telco has screwed up the order for the DSL and inadvertently removed the 2nd line or other phone feature during the install phase. (or thats what happens in our company....) ;)

Call them up and complain that your 2nd line doesnt work. If you find that you dont need the 2nd line, cancel it, but call them up so that you can have the charges removed.

3. brom42

brom42 2[H]4U

The filters that came with my DSL are single line filters with only 2 pins in them. So he should double check.