DSL 2Wire and Linksys SRX 400 router

Javelin3o4

Gawd
A friend of mine has SBC DSL and they sent him the 2 Wire modem that has built in wireless w/ a 4 port switch. He also purchased a Linksys SRX 400 router so he could get the added range that the SRX gets. The problem is how do you connect the DSL modem to the router and all the SRX to do the internet routing since the 2Wire is also a router.

we have 2 wire as well at my house, problem is we want to get rid of it. so is there a certain modem that i should look at. and oh yeah, our connection comes through the phone line for some reason... :rolleyes:

/threadjack

Do a search for 2Wires...some time around last fall I think, there was a thread rolling through here....some poster here worked for SBC and knew the 2Wires quite well...I asked if they could be flipped into pure bridged mode like the little Speedstream routers...he posted a link on how to do it. I think his name was Mustang.

I just tried searching..but they have a 1 minute betwee searches rule here..so it'd take me an hour to find it.

bored-sarcasm said:
we have 2 wire as well at my house, problem is we want to get rid of it. so is there a certain modem that i should look at. and oh yeah, our connection comes through the phone line for some reason... :rolleyes:

/threadjack

If you are keeping the service and just want to change to a different modem so you can use a different router you can use the speedstream modem only box if thats what you can get then you just set it up top the WAN port on your router and configure the PPPoe settings with your dsl username and pw.

Im having the issue of basically connecting one router to another and having the linksys work but i will try the search feature and see what i come up with.

Back