DS3 Rev 3.3

The sound's alright, but I'm still glad to get off onboard solutions. When I was in some games, namely the old cs, when someone throws smoke, it'll make sound stutter for a second, even overclocked at 3.2 or 3.6.

My sound does not exhibit this issue, and my son plays the hell out of CS and CS:S...

I too am running the chipset at +.1 volt...and my board is plugging away very solid, the ONLY BSOD I have gotten is still caused by the damn Vista NV drover with the display driver failing to respond....but that's another issue altogether ;)

I am having the same problem. I have switched Memory Voltages,Different Memory, Reloaded Windows on a different drive, heck I even changed the processor. No Luck, 3 or 4 tries from a cold boot. I will RMA and get another one?

Walt

Is "Hibernate" on or off; see my new post about my experience w/ hibernate and it possibly being the cause of some cold boot problems; it may be nothing though.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1194230

Mark

I'm having a lot of trouble with the ide channel. I pickup up a new sata drive for this build and it seems to be working fine. But I also have an pata hard drive and pata dvd drive. The optical drive by itself is fine. But putting both on the same cable and the computer will freeze at POST half the time and I will get a lot of write errors if it gets into windows. I've not got just the pata hard drive on the ide channel and it seems to be working for the most part but I still get some delayed write failed errors in windows. Is anyone away of a fix yet? I have a rev 3.3 board with the F10 bios i believe. I'd really like to guarantee my data is safe and the setup is solid before over clocking my 6600 :)

I'm probably going to pick up another sata hard drive as a replacement though.

i just popped in my e6600 and i'm running cpu -z.

problem is.. it says i only have 1 processor active and my core speed is 1600 with a multiplier with x6.

new with this stuff.. so help is needed

i just popped in my e6600 and i'm running cpu -z.

problem is.. it says i only have 1 processor active and my core speed is 1600 with a multiplier with x6.

new with this stuff.. so help is needed

1.6ghz 6x is normal while idle. nothing to worry about. as for 1 processor active. that's right too since it's a single processor, dual core. look to the right. cores 2 threads 2

1.6ghz 6x is normal while idle. nothing to worry about. as for 1 processor active. that's right too since it's a single processor, dual core. look to the right. cores 2 threads 2

thanks for the heads up. another question

I'd just like to add I love mine :D rock solid and my first Intel board ever.

Back